john entwistle

Neither one of you have said a word in the past ten minutes. You could tell John wasn't happy with the turn out of the evening. The fabulous dinner at the hotel was traded for a haphazard combo meal from a fast food joint.

Sitting on the curb, just blocks away from the hotel, you never imagined your one year anniversary to be spent like this. And you can thank a wayward drummer for that.

Both you and John adored Keith but his shenanigans went too far tonight. Hence, the last minute supper. Nothing from John's efforts could be salvaged from Hurricane Moon.

You turned to look at John, who seemed wholly uninterested in his sandwich. "Hey," you said quietly, shoulder bumping against his, "it was nice while it lasted."

He let out a dry laugh. "I was hoping it'd make it through the night but what can you do when you share a room with your drummer?"

You shrugged then leaned your head on his shoulder. The burger had gone cold, hardly appetising. You shoved it back into the paper bag. Even if things didn't go according to plan, you didn't mind the detour the evening took. The tour had been hectic, needless to say. It was difficult finding time to spend with John while he was pulled in thirty different directions.

The night was cold and you had forgotten your jacket but you didn't seem to mind since you were alone with him.

His arm slid around your waist. You felt his lips press into your hair. A slight smile curled on your mouth.

"There's always next year."