Chapter 1.

Kongpob’s Pov---------

I looked at the overflowing shopping cart in front of me. I had just gone in the grocery store for some milk, dang it. I knew who was responsible for this.

“Sam Suthiluck, get your ass over here.... Right now”

A little old lady gasped at my crudeness.

“Sorry...”

I said.

A little boy with light brown hair came running around the corner with as many cereal boxes as his arms could carry. That was my seven year old heartthrob. He somehow found room in the cart for the boxes and grinned up at me.

“I got everything on my list. We can go now.”

“Let me see this so called list of yours”

I replied, holding out one hand while putting the other on my hip. It was my most intimidating strict father stance.

“Papa...”

He tapped his temple with his index finger.

“It’s all up here.”

“Smartass...”

I grumbled.

He held out his hand, wiggling his fingers. I huffed and pulled a coin out of my pocket and placed it over his open palm. We had a no cursing rule that was making my kid a fortune.

“Thanks Papa....”

He said happily.

“Yeah, yeah...”

I replied. Right then, A shrill sound of a crying kid filled the air.

“Time to go buddy”

I announced, pushing the cart towards the checkout lanes. We had just made it to the end of the aisle when someone crashed their cart into mine.

“Would you watch where you are going ??”

The lady snapped loud enough to be heard over the screaming little girl in her cart.

I put on a shocked face.

“Oh my God, that’s a brilliant idea !! I will surely do that, Thank you...”

Unlike cursing, sarcasm didn’t cost me anything.

“Let’s go Sammy”

“Damn you !!”

The woman shouted, clearly offended. She began ranting in a pitch so high I doubt even deaf  could hear her.

I rolled my eyes and started to walk away, but my little one seemed to have other plans. He walked over to the woman’s cart and offered the crying kid a lollipop. He always had one or two in his pockets.

“Please don’t cry...”

She stopped, only sniffling a little as she took the candy. My kid had superpowers.

“Come on Sammy...”

I said softly. This time he followed me.

“You are a pretty cool guy, you know that ??”

I ruffled his soft hair.

“Now help me unload all this junk”

We made quick work of unloading the cart, and with a swipe of my credit card, we were out of there. I opened the trunk of my new black SUV and Sammy helped me put all the unnecessary snacks in the back. Then I watched him closely as he pushed the cart to its rightful place.