The Legend Of The Gobblewonker

I wake up the next morning reinvigorated after a good night's sleep. I put on my glasses and make my way to the bathroom, seeing that the twins were already out of their respective beds.'Why didn't they wake me?' I brush my teeth at a sedate pace, thinking about what would be happening today. 'Legend Of The Gobblewonker eh, nothing too dangerous really.'

After I finish brushing my teeth, I go back to my room and open my suitcase. I was delighted to see that all of the belongings I had packed on my trip to London were still safely intact inside the suitcase. My phone, laptop, clothing, and even my favourite novels were all there. Most importantly, however, the Journal #3 that I had bought along was enshrouded by the multitude of belongings I had brought along, veiling it from the twins so that it didn't arouse suspicion. Also, the fact that I had brought along some Tiger Balm, a herbal ointment that could palliate any insect bites and other irritations or headaches was a masterstroke if I don't say so myself. 'I knew it would come in handy.' For years, I had considered Tiger Balm God's medicine, something I just couldn't live without. The timing could not be more opportune and now, I didn't have to be trepidatious at the prospect of getting bitten by mosquitoes. Side note: Do anyone of you here know or use Tiger Balm? Let me know in the comments. I really love Tiger Balm as I always get bitten by mosquitoes.

After putting on a graphic t-shirt and pair of shorts, I amble downstairs to the dining table.

"Go, Sir Syrup!" I overhear Dipper cheer, his tongue stuck out in concentration with a syrup bottle held above it. 'Oh, they're having their syrup race

His female opposite cheers as well, maintaining a similar pose as Dipper's. "Go, Mountie Man!" 

Mabel eventually wins the competition rather unfairly, cheating by tapping the bottom of her syrup bottle, the syrup from her bottle touching her tongue first and sliding down her throat.

"I won!" she shouts jovially, breaking into a coughing fit after choking on her syrup. 'Karma, I suppose.'

I run over to her, patting her on the back in hopes of preventing anything undesirable from happening. Thankfully, nothing unwelcome happens and Mabel regains her composure, flashing me a grateful smile. 

I nod in approval before switching up the look on my face and crossing my arms. "Now, care to explain why both of you didn't bother to wake me up?" 

The twins start looking at each other desperately, panicked looks etched on their faces. Dipper does eventually pipe up though. "Well, you know how you are when we wake you up." 

"Hmm, you do know me well, well continue with whatever you were doing," I gesture at the syrup bottles both of them were playing with earlier. "Actually, wait, don't. It's a little too dangerous for both of you. Why don't you guys tell me what you intend to do today instead?" 

"Well, I was just about to show Mabel this advertisement I found in the newspaper about a monster photo-taking competition." 

I pull up a chair, taking a seat next to Dipper. "Cool, may I have a look?"

"Of course, Magnus," Dipper smiles, flipping it to the appropriate page and handing me the aforementioned newspaper.

I take my time to peruse the advertisement, seeing if I could spot anything I had missed during the show, somehow finding nothing of interest, my mind coming back empty-handed. All of a sudden, a question flashed in my mind and me being me, I let the question slip from my mouth. "Oooh did we take any photos of those gnomes we encountered last time?" 

"Nope, just memories. And this beard hair," Mabel answers, showing us the strand of grey-white hair she kept proudly.

"Why did you save that?" Dipper questions, shooting her a weird look. Mabel, being the idiosyncratic twin she was, tickles Dipper incessantly with the hair she had procured in response, engendering unremitting giggling from Dipper.