Zombies On Your Lawn

"Grunkle Stan, what's happening?" Mabel asked Stan who looked to be in a state of distress, this was attested to by his continuous pacing around the Shack.

"Yeah, you never shut down the gift shop." Dipper pointed at Stan and squints his eyes at him.

"What's happening Magnus?" Mabel asked me nervously.

"You'll see Mabel. I'm not going to tell you now."

The doorbell to the Mystery Shack chimes and sings its cheery song, causing Stan to halt in his tracks. Several knocks on the door were followed by the sound of the ringing doorbell. Taking a few deep breaths, Stan managed to compose himself before opening the door to greet the two secret agents that were waiting outside of the Shack. We triplets stood within earshot but out of sight as we hid behind some shelves.

"Welcome to the Mystery Shack, gentlemen! What can I get you? Key chains? Snow globes? These rare photos of American presidents?" Stan showed them some of the Shack's merchandise. The agents, however, showed no interest in these items and focused instead on their task at hand.

Agent Powers introduces himself and his partner to Stan formally, "My name is Agent Powers and this is Agent Trigger, we're here to investigate reports of mysterious activity in this town."

"Activity!" Agent Trigger narrows his eyes and looks at Stan suspiciously.

"Mysterious activity? In the Mystery Shack? You gotta be joking!" Stan said innocently.

Agent Powers looked at Stan disinterestedly. "I assure you I'm not. I was born with a rare disorder that made me physically incapable of experiencing humour." Stan laughed nervously, hoping to trigger (pun fully intended) some emotional response or laughter of some sort from the agent but he remained silent and maintained his formal demeanour.

"I don't understand that sound you're making with your mouth. Now if you'll excuse us we are conducting an investigation," Agent Power informed Stan and pushed him aside, entering the Shack with Agent Trigger by his side.

"Wait, Mabel, Magnus. Those agents said they were investigating the mysteries of this town. This is my chance to actually work together with the government to solve the mysteries of this town!" Dipper shouted quietly in joy.

Dipper then looked at me and whispered to me, "Magnus, what should I do?"

I replied and shrugged, not wanting to give anything away. "I'm not telling you what to do. Honestly, you decide what you want to do as long as it doesn't lead you or us into any sort of trouble."

He nods and after making his mind up, he approaches the secret agents. "Did you guys say you're investigating the mysteries of this town?"'I know, I know. I could have prevented the whole zombie incident but I need the show to stick to its original timeline.'

Agent Powers kneels down to Dipper's level and whispers to him, "That information is classified, but yes. Look. Between you and me I believe there is a conspiracy of paranormal origin all connected to this town. We're just one small lead away from blowing the lid of this entire mystery." 'Yeah let me tell a random 12-year-old kid I just met some classified information that some government officials don't even know about yet. You must be great at keeping secrets,' I rolled my eyes internally.

"Are you kidding me? I'm investigating the exact same thing! I found this journal in the woods which has almost all the answers. If we work together, we could crack the case!" Dipper told Agent Powers excitedly, his voice going up an octave higher than usual.

Agent Powers hands Dipper his card. "If you have evidence of these claims, we should talk."

Dipper beckons for the secret agents to come into the Shack. "We could talk right now! Please, please. C-Come in! I have so much to show you!"