Prologue

"But...why do we have to move?"

"I'm sorry, sweetie. I got a new job, and moving would make it easier for me to keep a close eye on you."

"What does daddy think of this? Is he sad too?"

Your mom crouched down to your level, caressing your hair with a gentle grip.

"He accepts it.." She sighed, "I'm so sorry. I know you're happy here."

You sniffled as you looked down.

"You can go knock on the neighbor's door and say goodbye to Venti, I know how much he means to you."

You looked up at her and nodded, walking out of your own house, and then walking to Venti's house.

Knocking on the door, you heard a muffled, "I'll get it!" before the door opened, revealing your friend.

His eyes lit up at the sight of you, but he quickly became worried, noticing that you were crying.

"What's wrong!?" Venti immediately yelled, putting on an angry expression, "Did someone hurt you? I'll beat them up-"

"No.."

His mad expression became one of concern, "Then... why?"

You wiped one of your eyes, "I'm sorry..." You paused, "I have to move away from here. Forever."

His eyes widened, and his world came crashing down. He had become attached to you, you were his only friend, you were the only one who came and talked with him every day.

Tears welled up in his teal eyes, "Why..?"

"My mom got a new job, and she said it would be better if we moved.." You replied, sniffling once more.

And that was it for him, he bursted into tears, putting his fists over his eyes.

In an attempt to comfort him, you hugged him, whispering, "The next time we see each other, I want to be your girlfriend!"

Venti immediately jumped back in shock, cheeks red from his tears and embarrassment, "Huh!? Girlfriend!?"

"Yes!" You put your hands on your hips, "My mommy said I'm too young, right now, but we'll be older the next time we see each other, so I'm gonna be your girlfriend!"

How were you this smart? You seemed to have lightened the atmosphere a lot.

Venti's tears dried up as he wiped them away, and he laughed, "Hmph! Okay, fine. I'll make you my girlfriend, and I'll treat you SUPER, DUPER good!"

You smiled, but it faded away when you heard your mother call out to you to get in the truck that was supposedly holding your stuff.

You sighed, "I... have to go, now."

Venti frowned, "Oh..."

You then stepped forward, giving the boy a peck on the cheek; something you saw your mother do to your father. If it seemed to make your father happy, wouldn't it make Venti happy?

His face turned red as you smiled at him.

"Think of it as a good luck charm!"

Sorry for any grammatical errors :)