Episode 2: The Danger Begins Pt. 2

~The following day, Henry's house~

"Okay, George has six times as many dimes as quarters in his piggy bank." Charlotte started to read out the math question to Henry. However, she was quickly interrupted by an exuberant Jasper bursting through the door.

"Oh yeah, oh yeah! I got two responses!" He yelled at them in excitement.

"To what?" Henry asked him.

"My birthday party invitation." He explained. "Two guys said they might come." He was ecstatic that at least two other than Henry and Charlotte could attend his party.

"Who?"

"Sidney Burnbaum and Oliver Pook." Jasper read from his PearPad, but on hearing who had RSVP'd, Charlotte and Henry pulled a face of disgust.

"Ugh."

"Those guys eat bugs."

"So? They're people." Jasper started indignantly, but he soon caught his eye on the latest PearPhone on the table.

"When'd you get a new phone?" He asked Henry, picking the device up and looking over all its incredible features.

"Oh, uh, mine broke, so-- what are you doing?" Henry didn't want Jasper to realise that (y/n) had bought him a new phone with all of the Man Cave's contacts saved in it.

"You've got to get this new app," Jasper explained, typing away on the App Store.

"Wait, what app?" Henry tried to ask.

"Hey, you never told us what you do at your new job." Charlotte piped up, filled with curiosity from Henry's lack of telling them about Junk-N-Stuff.

"Oh, right, right." Henry trailed off as he didn't know how to explain his actions without breaking the oath.

"What do you do?" Charlotte enunciated each word after not being satisfied with Henry's silence.

"I--" Henry started making an excuse, but luckily, Jasper had already installed the app, giving him something else to direct the conversation to.

"Oh great, the app. Tell me about the app." He rambled at Jasper, wanting him to distract Charlotte from her questioning.

"It plays a billion sound effects, like a school bell, a cat choking on a hairball, ice cream truck.." Jasper listed and played all the weird sound effects, confusing and entertaining Charlotte and Henry.

"You have the brain of a hamster." Charlotte sassed at him, not impressed by the weird app.

"I wish," Jasper revealed.

"Gimme my phone," Henry said, not wanting to hear more cats choking on hairballs.

"Hey, did you guys hear what Captain Man did yesterday?" Jasper excitedly asked the other two teens.

"Oh yeah, the Jandy Bridge." Charlotte nodded with him. The turn in the conversation freaked Henry out because he couldn't risk revealing that he was Kid Danger.

"And so if you divide 9x by the square root--" He tried to focus on the homework, but Captain Man was too cool not to talk about for his friends.

"They say he pulled seven people out of the river and saved their lives," Jasper told them.

"Yeah, and he has a new sidekick. There's a story about it on my news feed." Charlotte looked at her phone with Jasper, meaning she didn't see how flustered Henry was.

"Hey, let's talk about your birthday party." Henry diverted, but it didn't work.

"Shhhh!!"

"Here. "For the first time ever, Captain Man was not working alone." Charlotte read out from the news story. In desperation, Henry picked up the vase from the coffee table and threw it at the wall, hoping it would stop her from reading.