1. Perfect

Rob checks himself out in the mirror for the last time. His hair, suit, glasses, everything looks absolutely perfect. He grabs his car keys and rushes towards the door. He stops and heads towards the bedroom. His boyfriend Sjoerd is still asleep. A smile appears on his sleepy face when Rob gives him a goodbye kiss on his red glowing cheek. "Please stay honey." Sjoerd begs. "I really have to go." Rob turns around but Sjoerd pulls him towards the bed. "C'mon, it's way more fun here." His attempt almost gets Rob but he shakes his head. "I really can't stay, but you know I'd love to." Sjoerd sighs, disappointed at Rob's answer. "I do. Alright, good luck today." He pulls Rob in for one last kiss and finally lets him go.

Rob hops in his car and just takes a deep breath. The past few weeks have been really exhausting for him. A lot of reading, talking and writing. He starts the car, luckily it isn't that far away.

Rob checks his watch, only 2 minutes left. He rushes inside with important paperwork under his arm. When he walks into The House of Representatives, heads turn around and whispers are flying around. He's relatively new and usually the first one to arrive in the. As he walks to his seat he can feel everyone looking at him. Everyone but one person. One person who doesn't care enough to bat an eye.

Rob divides his papers into two perfect piles on his desk. The person next to him, the one who didn't care enough to bat an eye, his desk is a mess. Just like his hair, it's gorgeous, but it's a curly mess. He doesn't really listen until his name is called. "Mister Klaver, representing Groenlinks, please come up." For a split second, Rob catches his eye. His perfect hair, suit, glasses, neatly organized piles of paper. Everything about him is annoyingly perfect. Jesse grabs a few papers from his own messy desk and walks to the lectern.

He's so passionate about the things he's talking about. It's very fascinating to Rob, even though Jesse and Rob rarely speak. Every now and then they'll acknowledge each other's work, but that's it. They don't hate each other, but they definitely have this unspoken rivalry. They always feel the need to be better than one another even though they are polar opposites. Rob is very open, social, all about following the rules. Jesse is looser but quieter. It's like he doesn't care about anything.

Jesse wraps up his speech and returns to his seat. "I liked your speech, it was good." Rob says with a friendly smile. "I know, I wrote it." Jesse doesn't even look up. Too focussed on his papers. Rob rolls his eyes and starts reading his own papers. "I saw that eye roll." A smirk appears on Jesse's face. "Whatever." Rob whispers underneath his breath. "You were late today." So he did notice? "Yes, I remember." Rob answers, annoyed by the fact that he actually noticed. "You're never late, you're always annoyingly early." This time Jesse actually looks at Rob. "So?" "So, why were you late?" Jesse waits patiently for Rob's answer. "Why do you care?" Rob nervously taps his finger on his desk. "Just out of curiosity, no need to get defensive, Jetten." Jesse turns back to his work and goes back to his uninterested behavior. Rob stops the finger-tapping and decides to get some coffee.

He gets up and heads towards the lunchroom. A few other colleagues are there when Rob arrives. Wopke Hoekstra, Lilianne Ploumen, and Kees van der Staaij are talking about something Rob doesn't really care about. They all greet him when they finally see him come in. "Hey Rob, I heard Kaag and Rutte are Throwing a huge party for the parliament. Do you know anything about that?" Wopke asks. Rob shrugs and takes a sip of his coffee. "I don't recall discussing a party with Sigrid Kaag. I'll let you know if I know anything though." Sigrid did mention a party to him but he doesn't want to ruin the surprise. He has been working his ass off the past few days to keep it a secret. "Alright, we should head back now." Lilianne stands up and we follow her back to the Tweede Kamer.

When Rob sits down he notices Jesse's absence. The mess on his desk disappeared with him. Rob ignores it, or at least he tries. Why would he just leave for no reason? Maybe Jesse forgot to come back from the break. Rob taps on Sigrid's shoulder. "I need to get some papers, I'll be right back." Sigrid gives him a thumbs up and he leaves the room once again.

Rob walks straight towards the GroenLinks faction. The halls are empty. Every single footstep Rob takes echoes through the empty hallways. Everyone is at the debate, everyone except Jesse and Rob.

When he arrives at Jesse's door he freezes. This is stupid Jesse doesn't even care. He slowly raises his fist but the door swings open before Rob can knock on the door. Jesse's hair is even messier and his tie is hanging loosely around his neck. "What do you want?" He sounds out of breath. Rob notices Jesse's red cheeks and the sweat that's dripping down his forehead. "Nothing, I was just-" "Who is there?" A woman's voice interrupts Rob. His jaw drops to the floor. "Really? During work? You can't do that." Rob whispers to Jesse, who's smirking at his reaction. "I can and I did, Jetten. Now, if you don't mind." He slams the door with a smile, right in Rob's face.

"Asshole." Rob whispers under his breath. "I heard that!" Jesse yells from behind the closed door. "Of course you did." With an eye-roll, Rob walks back towards the room with the well-known blue seats.