3.

"What do you even know about planning and organizing? You're definitely one of the messiest people I know." Rob taps his fingers on the desk, knowing very well that Mark did this on purpose. "I used to have a job as a wedding planner."  Rob is surprised by this information. "Really?" "No." Jesse smiles at his own stupid joke. "You're so gullible Jetten." Rob sighs. "Look, are you gonna help me or not? Cause I have a lot of work to do and I don't have time for this." It's been a long day and he's way too tired for Jesse's dumb jokes. "Let's start then, shall we?" Jesse grabs a piece of paper out of his pocket and hands it to Rob. "I wrote down a few ideas, you don't have to use them, but it's something to fall back on when you run out of ideas." Rob admires the list. Jesse's handwriting is so nice and his ideas are actually kinda helpful. "When did you come up with all of this?" He rereads the list. "The second Rutte asked me to help you out." Jesse watches his colleague admire the list he made. A proud feeling enters his body. "Cool, so let's begin the planning and organizing."

A few hours pass by and it's already dark outside when they decide to go home. They walk out of the building together with a good feeling about today. "I appreciate the help. Who would've thought you'd be actually helpful." It was a surprisingly productive evening. "What the hell does that-" A honking car interrupts Jesse's question. Rob's smile expands when he recognizes the face in the car. He waves at his boyfriend in the driver's seat. "I'm sorry, what were you saying?" Rob asks when he turns back to Jesse. "Nothing. See you tomorrow." He turns around and walks off to his bike. "See you tomorrow." Rob isn't sure if Jesse heard him but he hops in the car anyway.

"Didn't expect to see you here." Rob admits with a soft smile on his face. Sjoerd stays quiet for a while. "Who was that? He was cute." He smiles faintly, not looking at Rob once. "What's wrong? You've been acting weird the last few days." Sjoerd looks up with a nervous face. "I need you to stay calm." Those words are not calming at all. He starts the car and taps the steering wheel nervously.

"We'll see about that, what's wrong Sjoerd?" He lets out a big sigh before he answers Rob's question.

"I think we should see other people." 

Rob doesn't know how to react. It's almost as if he can't react at all. He decides to stay calm and hear Sjoerd out. Well, kind of.

"So..." 

"'So what? I don't get it, did I do something wrong?" Rob questions every step, every word, every choice he's ever made in this relationship.

"No, I just need a little time for myself, Rob."

"And you're gonna do that while talking to other people?"

"Kind of." Sjoerd nervously runs his hand through his hair. "Look, I'm seeing somebody."
Rob shakes his head in disbelief. "Of course you are, stop the car."

"Please just wait-"

"Stop this fucking car, Sjoerd." Shocked and somewhat impressed, Sjoerd pulls over the car. "Go get your stuff. I don't want to see you when I get home." Rob steps out and slams the car door. 

Angry and distraught, Rob wanders through the streets of The Hague. Empty streets, which is odd for a big city like this. For the first time in a long time, Rob feels completely alone, abandoned. All the shops are close except for the 24/7 shop. He promised himself not to drink on weekdays, but it's like the bottles on the shelves are calling, screaming, for Rob.

"Is this all?" The cashier asks when she's done scanning the two bottles. "Yeah, could I get a bag with that?" He takes his wallet out of his pocket. "Of cour- Wait, aren't you that one politician?" Rob smiles. "Nah, I'm just an accountant." The cashier says nothing, nods understandingly and hands him the bag. "Well, have a nice evening, mister accountant." "You too." Rob smiles as he walks out of the store.