fifty two.

CHAPTER FIFTY TWO
no more bloyalty

Royalty

Royalty and Tiana had been practicing for hours, and Royalty hadn't taken a single break. She didn't want to because once she did, her mind was going to wander back onto the Jamal situation.

Apparently, one of Hakeem's fans were targeting Jamal, but Jamal believed it was a prank. Royalty had agreed with him to calm everyone down, but what if he really was in danger? What if they were messing up by brushing this off?

She couldn't fathom the thought of losing Jamal. Or any of her brothers. So she really needed him to stay safe.

She and Tiana finished their routine for the hundredth time, and Tiana looked at her suspiciously now. "You okay?"

"Yeah, why? Do I seem tired again?"

"Actually, you haven't gotten tired at all, which is what's worrying me."

Ro shrugged. "I guess my stamina's getting better."

Tiana knew that was a possibility. "Yeah, but I have a feeling it's something else. Am I right?"

"Well...there is something. It's about Jamal."

Tiana's heart dropped. "Oh no, I love Jamal. Is he okay?"

"For now. But I don't know if he will be for long."

"Why?"

"Remember when Hakeem told all of his fans to hurt Jamal?" Ro asked her.

Tiana did remember. "Yeah. I was behind him, and I couldn't believe what he was saying. But he called off the hit, right?"

He did. "Yup. But now one of his fans is contacting him, basically hinting that they're going to target Jamal. My family doesn't know if it's a real threat. Jamal certainly doesn't think so."

"I think you guys should take any threat seriously. Especially since your family is a big deal. You guys have haters," Tiana warned.

Ro absorbed her words. "Yeah, but what can we do if Jamal doesn't want protection?"

Tiana didn't know the answer to that. "Damn. Why is there always something happening?"

"Blame Hakeem. He should've never opened his mouth."

Tiana frowned. "Yeah. Well, I hope Jamal stays safe because if something happens to him, I know Hakeem will never forgive himself."

"I'll never forgive him either." Then Royalty got off stage and grabbed her stuff.

"Where are you going?"

Ro faced her. "I think we've rehearsed enough. I'mma go see Blake."

Tiana scowled now. "You seriously got back with him? He's so toxic, Ro."

Royalty defended her man. "He has his moments, but I really do think he cares about me. And he has this soft side that you guys have never seen before. It makes me like him so much more."

"I just hope it lasts."

It would.

-

Royalty made her way back to Empire. She had texted Blake on the way there, but he wasn't responding for some reason. She hoped he was there because she didn't know where he lived.

Royalty saw Becky, and she always kept track of everyone, so she questioned her. "Hey, Becky. Do you know where Blake is?"

"In the studio, as always."