Chapter 12

Todoroki realized that he should feel nervous. Most of his classmates were going to be nervous. It was the first day of school after all and lord knows his private teachings didn't give him the chance to properly learn how to interact with kids his own age.

But in reality he just dreaded the day

Making the commute by train because he refused the offer from the driver. He had been to UA before for the recommendations exam but it was still a large building with too many people inside so getting lost was easily done.

Once he finally found the room there were already plenty of other students there chatting with each other. Some seemed to know each other. Maybe from being in the same school before or from meeting at the exam. Todoroki was quick to take in his seating and organize himself. Nothing to do but wait at this point.

A few classmates glanced his direction but none approached. It gave him a few moments to take in the others without being interrupted. A few had obvious quirks at a quick glance. Others had small hints of what they could be but really wouldn't know till he saw them in action.

He felt a slight breeze as someone walked by. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted the other girl who got in on recommendation. She was the only one so far he really recognized besides the guy acting like a robot. Which really wasn't too surprising as Iida was from another hero family.

Speaking of, he really wished he would stop yelling at the guy with his feet on the desk. It was loud and it was too early in the day for all this.

And then he walked in

The green haired kid

Todoroki blinked in surprise. Sure they had talked about being heroes but he wasn't exactly expecting the kid to show up at UA. Especially with his asking all the soulmate questions.

Not that the kid seemed to know but it was more insight than he had ever gone.

He watched as Midoriya paused at the door, wincing slightly at the blond with his feet on the desk. That's right... that was the kid who started the questioning. Made him question what the green haired boy knew about soulmates that he didn't.

Behind him a girl with a bob seemed to peek around him blinking dumbly at the situation happening in the room. A redhead called out to Midoriya causing the blond to take notice that he had entered.

"I heard you helped Kiri change his hair! I love it, you all did great!" a girl who was... completely pink leaned across the redhead's desk

He looked familiar too. If Midoryia knew him, maybe that was why. Though he was certain the only time he had ever seen the boy was alone, with the blond, and when a guy with black hair basically crashed through the door.

"Yeah figured it was a good change," Midoryia said as the redhead offered a fist out and Midoryia hesitated slightly but bumped his own fist again it

All heads turned as a yellow bag suddenly stood glaring from the desk. Todoroki closed his eyes for a moment to refocus. It didn't matter that Midoryia was here. He had a goal to accomplish. Making friends wasn't going to get in the way with that.

He had heard a bit about the famous issues of class 1-A in the past. Endeavor always keeping an eye out for up and coming heroes. He knew this teacher had expelled his entire class last year. He knew there was grumbling about his teachings being harsh and such. He wasn't disappointed in being placed in 1-A rather than curious how different the training was. Compared to what he was used to after all.

So he wasn't overly surprised when they were suddenly marched out to the field for a test. He didn't feel his heart spike in panic like some others did when they were told they would be expelled if they finished poorly. He wasn't surprised and he wasn't worried. He would be fine.