8

Trigger warning- Gaslighting

Waking up to the peaking light through my curtains I rub my eyes. Turning around in a groan I look over my empty bed in a sigh.

My phone lights up next to me and my heart races in excitement thinking that it's Zayn but he doesn't have my number. The screen reads Kaden and I just let it fade.

Staring up at my ceiling I curse myself out. I shouldn't have done that.

Did it feel good... yes. Do I regret it... no. That thought in itself makes me huff. But is it going to happen again? Absolutely not.

I need to get my priorities straight. I need to make things right with Kaden, somehow prove to Zayn he can be nice and god do I need to kiss Kaden because all that I can think about is Zayns touch and It should feel wrong.

I've never been a cheater. I despise cheaters but I am one and I dont think I'm going to stop.

"Fuck me." I groan at the top of my lungs, slamming my hands to my eyes as I roll over. "You sound like an idiot June. You say to stay away from him but you also want his tongue down your throat." yelling into the pillow I wipe back my hair pulling myself together and stand up.

Looking down at Zayn's shirt I almost want to whimper and curl myself in a pile of his clothes. "Damn it June." I really like this guy and deep down I agree with everything he says about Kaden. Hell, I have my own opinions but I need my parents. I just can't lose the hope I have in my heart.

Showering, brushing my teeth and getting ready I throw on a pair of tights and a baggy red sweater. I start to make tea and mac and cheese when there's a knock at my door. It knocked twice before going silent.

Turning off the stove I wash my hands before walking over. Unlocking it and pulling it open my jaw drops when I see Kaden. He stares right back into me. He looks put together. Brushed back hair, a white button-up and black dress pants. He must be on his way to work.

"June." he simply says and walks in before I can get out a word. My body slightly shakes. A feeling that doesn't happen when I'm with Zayn. Closing the door I keep my distance as he takes a seat on my chair. I keep my place.

"So." He sounds mad. Annoyed and bubbling over the edge, "are you going to apologize?"

My head whips in his direction, "excuse me." I whisper. "I'm not the one who needs to apologize-" he slams his hand on the wooden table making me jump. I swallow down the bile in my throat.

"Come here." he gently says, curling a single finger towards him. "I won't ask again. Let me make this right because you don't want to." as slowly as possible I walk forward. Sitting in the chair opposite of him he tilts his head in a laugh.

"It's been what... four days since I've seen you last. I call you all the time and you make me go to voicemail. Do you know how infuriating that is? How sad that makes me feel that I cant call my own girlfriend. That she doesn't want to pick up the phone."

My head hangs to my chest. "I needed time-"

"No, we needed to talk. You needed to stop associating yourself with those new friends of yours and come home with me. I haven't even kissed or touched you in so long. I needed my girlfriend." he whispers in so much agony and sadness. "I missed you so much June. I thought we could've gone out for dinner but instead, you were partying with street racers at some whore house."

My body tenses as I shut my eyes holding back so many words.

"And with Zed? I don't understand, you're friends with him now? How does that make sense." he waits but I don't answer. He slams his fist on the table, "huh? Sit up and talk to me dont be childish im fixing this."