13

"Zayn I'm not holding your snake," I say bent over as I look at her cage. It's a large cage that's practically the entire wall of this empty room.

"Why June, are you scared?" he whispers from behind and I laugh.

"Yes."

He chuckles and I gaze my eyes off of her black coat. The scales look smooth to the touch as she lays under the bright lights trying to get warm. When she's laying out like that I guess she doesn't look all that scary.

I stand up and begin to walk back down the hall, "let's go!" I call out hearing his footsteps follow me. It's now the morning and morning means June activities.

"Relax, I'm coming."

Wearing a green spring dress with white sunflowers printed everywhere, Zayns the opposite wearing all black from head to toe. I look over my shoulders at his dark, mysterious frame and I only laugh to myself which earns a cock from his eyebrow.

"What?"

I shrug, "nothing." standing by the door I grab my car keys that Mae dropped off and Zayn just looks at me confused. When I match his stare I flash my black car keys with a rose keychain attached. Just like that his eyebrows furrow.

"No were taking my car-"

"No." my eyes widen as I dangle my chain. "We're taking Roxy."

"Huh?" he inches forward in confusion and I place my hand on his jaw patting twice which he doesn't enjoy, "June I'll drive and you tell me where to go."

I begin to laugh, taking his hand in mine and pull us out the door. I pull him with all my might but he doesn't budge. "Zayn please," I beg and he pulls me sharply into his chest. "Jesus, you don't like to not be in control do you?" I push away and flatten my dress.

"you're an idiot. Actin like you dont boss the shit out of me." he stands his ground and I stand mine too. Crossing my arms over my chest I glare at him, staring him down with no act of kindness. His brown eyes just watch me and eventually, he huffs out and closes the door making me smile.

"Thank you kindly." I smile and take off down the hall as his steps fumble behind me. "Keep up Jack."

"Shut up." he groans and I slip into the elevator as he follows. "What are we doing?" he crosses his arms.

I smile, "we're having fun."

"That's not valid information," he grunts in the corner of the elevator and I turn over my shoulder as he stares at my back.

"You don't like not knowing things do you?" I smile as his arms cross over his chest and shakes his head. I let out a single giggle and began to tap my foot on the ground.

"Well I hope you got your walking shoes on." and when the elevator opens I quickly slip out before he can think twice. "Come on hurry up!" I sing as he hunts me from behind. Jingling a rhythm with my keys we creep down the parking lot towards my red pride and joy.

Jogging towards my door I brush my hands along the top of it soothingly. "I'm sorry. I missed you." I whisper to it but suddenly feel a presence from above. Lifting my head he's giving me a disgusted stare from the other side. My eyebrows furrow in a laugh, "what!"

"You talk to your car?"

"Yes."

He points, "this is a piece of shit-"

"Hey!" I raise my voice and press my hands softly on the top, "don't hurt her feelings." I brush along the dainty paint and he only grows in more awareness. I'm talking wide eyes, dropped jaw and a look in his eyes that he's about to send me to a psych ward. I lift my hands in the air, "Fuck off dude"