Chapter 13

Chaeng had asked to meet up at the public library over text, and you couldn't help but think that she was awfully serious, considering her message wasn't adorned with emojis like usual.

"Jen told me you like Jisoo, she also told me you confessed." Chaeyoung looked up at you, her expression unreadable. She was also friends with Jennie, the three of you were best buddies in high school.

You scratched your head. "Oh yeah...I don't think she likes me back though." You awkwardly laughed, dreading this conversation. 

"We're after the same girl...what a way to ruin a friendship." She muttered, looking down again.

"What do you mean?" You sat up straight, alarmed. "We're still friends, right?"

"Yeah, but when Jisoo eventually has to choose, it may change." She bit her lip, and it appeared to you that she also felt like this was a sensitive topic that was better to ignore.

"No! We'll still stay friends, okay?" You reached over and squeezed your friend's hand.

Chaeyoung gave a small smile. "Okay."

________________________________________________________________________________

You came home to a shock.

Jisoo was there, of course, don't worry, she wasn't kidnapped. But...there was a boy with her. And you were pretty sure he was the popular guy at school, a foreign kid, his name was something like Felicity, you couldn't remember.

"Ji- oh who's that?" Maybe you were overthinking, maybe he was just a friend.

"Who's that?" The man spoke simultaneously. 

"Oh, never mind her, she's just a housemate." What Jisoo said made you blood boil.

"Jisoo...you do realize that I own this apartment? That I could kick you out and leave you homeless whenever I'd like? I'm not just your housemate." You frowned at her, the thought of overthinking slowly fading away.

"And do you realize I could reject you and leave you in tears whenever I'd like?" She raised an eyebrow.

"T-then do that!" Your anger gave you courage to raise your voice. But you still quivered in denial, was Jisoo this cruel? Maybe she just got caught up in the moment? "It's better than...better than...leaving me hanging."

"Babe-" The Felicity guy spoke, and Jisoo quickly shushed him. So it was confirmed, Jisoo had a boyfriend.

"Jisoo, so, all this time, you-"

She cut you off. "Excuse me, I was just kind enough to not reject you."

Tears stung your eyes, and you tried hard to hold them back. "That's the same as playing with my feelings! Giving me false hope! I said before it would be better to reject me! Wow, just wow. I didn't know you were such a tactless person. If I knew, I wouldn't have fallen for you. I wouldn't have let you stay here." You pointed to the door. "Out! The door is open." Jisoo shot you a glare, and you returned it. "Go! This is not your home anymore!"

Jisoo let out a tch sound, grabbed Felicity's hand and went out the door. "Let's go Felix." Oh...so that was his name.

"Nice to meet you Felicity! I'll see you at school!" You called out the door, just to spite them. 

You were still breaking inside, you never thought Jisoo was this kind of person, it came as a shock to you. After you closed the apartment door, you sighed and dropped to the ground.

F*ck my life...I never thought my best friend would be like this. 

________________________________________________________________________________

At school, you stopped by Felix's desk and left a note

Dear Felicity,

Take care of her and don't break her heart. Or you'll have me to deal with.

Because, despite yesterday, you still cared about her welfare. Maybe you really were in love.