chapter nine

TW: beheading, graphic descriptions of crime scenes, gore, mention of scars, sexual references, mention and usage of guns, mild language, mild language, police presence.

the fisher king, part one of four.

" tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains to be honest " - benjamin franklin.

"Morgan, if you're baiting us, the next two weeks are going to be a living hell for you," Genevieve warned.

"We will find other accommodation and you will be paying for all of it," Elle agreed. "And we won't hold back on all the 'complimentary' snacks that actually cost more than our salary,"

"Ladies, ladies," Derek said, putting an arm around each of the woman's shoulders. "Have I ever lied to you before?"

"There was that time that you told me you could-" Genevieve started.

"Ok, well trust me," He said hastily, cutting her off before she could finish. "My friend manages the place, and it is off the hook. Hot sunny days, cool breezes at night, never-ending tropical drinks with those cute little umbrellas, and nothing but beautiful young adults looking to make vacation memories,"

Hotch had pulled some strings and had gotten two weeks off for the entire team. Derek, Elle, and Genevieve had made plans to holiday at a Jamaican resort that was managed by one of Derek's friends for a cheap price.

"Female, and male, right?"

"Honey, trust me, when I say, that there's going to be a little something for all of us," He waved her off. "Two weeks of pure heaven. Now, why don't the pair of you thank me for hooking us up instead of ridiculing me?"

"I'll believe it when I see it," Genevieve said, patting his chest, and twisting out of his arm, and drifting off to talk to Spencer, who was packing up his desk.

"Hey, Genevieve," He said cheerfully, looking up. The two had been working on patching things up, and it was, so far, going pretty well. Spencer still hadn't totally forgiven her, which she could understand, but they were friendly with each other now, which was a huge relief to the rest of the team.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come?" She asked, making some room on his desk and sitting down on it.

"Yeah, I... I maybe think that it's better if I told her about you, in person, before you guys meet, you know? She has some really bad mood swings, so I just don't want it to go sideways," He said, looking slightly dejected. He was going to Las Vegas to visit their mother, who was institutionalised in an assisted-living care facility. When he told her of his plans, she asked how their mother would react to seeing her, and he had answered honestly - probably not very well. So, they agreed, that he would go on his own, and tell her that Genevieve was back and that the next time they were able to catch a couple of days off, she'd go down with him to visit.

"Alright. Call me when you land," She said, reaching out to tousle his hair.

"I will. You have fun with Morgan and Elle," He said, smiling, before rushing off.

+++

"Ok, Morgan... I hate to say it, but this place is amazing," Genevieve said, putting on her sunglasses, and sighing contently as she relaxed into a lounger on the beach. She and Elle were sitting next to each other, and Derek had just come back with drinks for the three of them.

"What did I tell you?" He asked goadingly, chucking. She tried to kick him, but he quickly sidestepped out of the way.

She was wearing an orange two-piece swimsuit and had been dreading it the whole flight there. From her days in the Special Forces, she had collected quite a few scars on her torso, arms, and legs - all places she could usually, hide. She had concealed some of them with tattoos.