Chapter 11

"crash"

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

"Give me your keys. I'm not letting you drive in the state you are in right now," I told Brooke. She gave me her keys without a fight as we headed outside of the house. Peyton staying by the entrance of her house. "You sure you don't want to come with us?" I asked her while Brooke already got in the passenger.

"I'm sure you guys go," she answered as I gave a quick look before entering the driver seat and turning on the engine.

~~
Eventually, we reached the hospital after what felt like the longest drive. Brooke and I got out of the car and went inside the hospital where we found Keith and Karen.

We walked up to the two. "Keith. Keith is he okay?" She asked him while walking up to him as I followed behind her.

"Oh honey, we don't know yet." He replied to her question.

"I was supposed to see him tonight. He was supposed to come over after the airport and..." She rambled until her attention drift to Lucas's mother.

"Um, Karen this Brooke," Keith introduced.

"I'm Brooke, Lucas's girlfriend, hi." She said putting more context.

As the lady turned her attention to me. "Oh, I'm Andrew," I told Karen.

"Whos here for Lucas Scott?" A female voice asked as we turned our attention to the doctor.

"I'm his mother. Is my son okay?" she inquired as the doctor walked to us.

"He stable and in recovery." She informed us before Keith turned back to face me and Brooke.

"Could you just, give us a second." He whispered to us.

"Yeah," She said as we walked to the seating area. She took her seat as I sat next to her. "He'll be okay, right?" Looking at me with tears still in her eyes and a sight that broke me.

"Yeah you heard the doctor he's stable that's good news." Trying to reassure her I raised my hand to her face and wiped away her tears. "Everything will be alright," I whispered near her ear before pulling her in for a hug. After a few moments, I let go of her causing her to look at me a little confused but nonetheless did the same.

We only got to see him for a few minutes since it was already late and visiting hours were about to end. "Brooke C'mon we can come by tomorrow but for now we got to go," I informed her as she gave Lucas one last peck on the cheek. She said her goodbye to his mother and then walked out of the room. "Let us know if you need anything, Ms.Roe." I spoke to her as she nodded and gave me a small smile.

"Am I driving now since it is my car," she said with sass in her tone.

"I still have the keys so no," I teased as I dangled the car keys as she let out a huff. " I promise not to-" before I could go any further I caught myself as I was going to say something that would not be good timing and Brooke was already looking at me waiting for me to finish my sentence. "I promise not to ruin your paint job." I finished.

The drive was quiet to her house. Not that uncomfortable quietness that you feel like you have to break the tension but comfortable silence. It was eventually broken when she started to speak as I pulled up in her driveway. "I'm started to think that I break into a mess every time I see you." She said as I let out a small chuckle. "Thank you,"

"For what?" I questioned with a curious expression on my face. As she looked at me with a 'really?' face.

"For being there for me, letting me cry on your shoulder. It means a lot. You really do have a knack for comforting people when they need it. Like the other time, I was crying my ass off on my porch." I nodded my head looking at the ground with a grin on my face. "Okay, that's where the compliment train stops cause I can already see your ego growing." I laughed at her comment before responding to her.

"I would give you compliments back but I think my ego is too big for that." I joked earning me a playful smack on my chest. "Also I'm actually not a good person to comfort another. Trust me one time my friend was crying in class and I just gave him an awkward pat on the back." I told Brooke which made her chuckle.

"Could've fooled me," she let out with her raspy tone before seeing a tired expression take over her face.

"Well, I'm going to let you go get your beauty rest," I said.

"But what about you? It's late and you're just gonna walk home?"

"Yeah like I said before I don't live that far away so it won't be a lengthy stroll," I assured her. "Now go inside before you get sick," she was about to say something else but let it go and said her goodbye then headed to the front door. I tucked my hands into my jacket feeling the keys still there. I pulled them out to confirm it was her keys. "Brooke! Your keys!" I jogged to where she was at which was outside the door. "Here you go," handing off the keys to her. "Have a good night's rest sleeping beauty!" I exclaimed as I headed off to my house.

═════ ◈ ═════

"Hello?" I entered the house that was dark and didn't seem like anyone was home but the car was parked outside. "Dad, are you here?" I pulled out my phone to see if I received any new messages but was greeted with no battery. I plugged in my phone to a charger that was next to a small table. I waited for a few minutes but eventually, the phone started up and I saw the text message from my dad. He messaged me once letting me know that he had to go out of town for an emergency meeting. Should've known.

I went upstairs to my bedroom before taking my clothes off, leaving me in shorts to rest in. I got into my bed after turning off the lamp beside my bed. The window only revealing the full moon beaming in to my bedroom. I relaxed my head against my pillow thinking about how crazy it's been since I got here. Getting to meet new friends or reuniting with old ones. And I actually got to see the humane side of Nathan. So far this town has proven me wrong in every way. I thought I would hate living here, moving to a new high school, having to meet new people. But I have met some good people especially Brooke. Everyone thinks that she's this party girl and nothing else but from what I've seen that has been proven wrong. She has a great personality and she's also a great person. The way she lights up when she succeeds at something with her dimples showing. Even at the small things like winning a board game. Or when she tilts her head to show off her smile or she starts clapping to express her excitement. And her laugh. Her laugh is like...

No no no this can't be happening. I know I'm not thinking of Brooke Davis. The girl that is dating Lucas. No, I'm not just being nice. Yeah nice, totally not daydreaming of a friend's girlfriend while he's in the hospital. I'm not a jackass like that. I'm just thinking about her because we're close. Just close, nothing else.

THANK YOU so much for all the support on this book. Hope you guys are enjoying it so far. Sorry if the updates are slow, I'm trying to upload every three days but it might be longer sometimes. Anyways that all I wanted to say. BYEE! SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!