Chapter 1- The Stranger in the Woods

*chirp* *chirp*
"Ahh.."
Lucy sighed as she felt the cool wind rush up towards her face and the gentle chirping of the birds, accompanied by the warm sunlight rays that passed through the thick leaves of trees as she wandered in the forest. The reason she's now here was a mission that had REALLY good rewards. She walked slowly to enjoy the view.
"Hmm.. might as well rest under this tree for a bit.."
She decided. She then put down her bags, settled down, then, not noticing, she fell asleep. Hours passed by peacefully, until, suddenly, she heard a loud *Boom*. It startled her, causing her to awaken from her deeeeepp.... sleep. She sat up, then looked around. Up in the sky, the birds came flying out of the forest, and trees came crashing down with a loud thud. Smoke billowed up. Thick, black smoke. Lucy's body reacted before her mind. She ran as fast as she could, leaving her baggage under that tree, she ran. Deeper... deeper... deeper inside the forest unil she saw a burnt area and a great big hole in the ground. Out of curiosity, she made her way through the broken branches, brambles and burnt bushes. She went slowly, until she saw a hand just beside the gaping hole, causing her to run carelessly amidst the crackling branches (that are still hot) that made wounds and scratches on her legs. Well, she didn't mind. She hurriedly went inside the hole, and there, she saw a girl with dark hair which seemed to be two years younger than herself. It appeared that the stranger had really severe injuries. Lucy panicked.
"Hey, hang in there!! I'm gon'na get some help quickly!"
The blonde girl reminded, but it wasn't necessary. The stranger was unconcious.
"What should I do now??"
Lucy was in deep thought, up until she heard someone who kept calling her name in a really loud tone, followed by a voice that sounds familiar.
"Natsu. Happy!"
She was too relieved to stand up.
"HEYYY!!! LUCCYYYY!! WHERE ARE YOUUU??!!!"
"LUCCYY!!"
She started shouting back.
"Natsu! Happy! I'm over here!!"
The partners searched until they found Lucy, sitting in the middle of a very damaged area with a stranger in her arms. Both of them ran to the spot.
"We, the entire town of Magnolia, heard that Jupiter was launched into this area. And not just one, but there were two lacrimas that made Jupiter and both launched at the same time, that's why I thought you were--"
"Ok. I get the point, Natsu. But, if Jupiter would be launched in here, the whole island should have been crumbled to bits, including me and the ship I used to come here, don't you think so?"
Lucy was still thinking hard.
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Good to know that you're safe. And, wait, who's that?"
Natsu finally noticed the weird girl.
"Aye, sir. Who's that dark-haired girl who seems to have some resemblance to --"
"Who seems to have resemblance to??"
Natsu and Lucy answered in chorus, both curious whose resemblance he was speaking of. But that didn't matter. They had to get the stranger to some place where she can be treated immedeatley. But, the only place is the town.
"Natsu, Happy! Lets fly to the town!"

At the Town of Magnolia........

"Hurry! We have no time to waste! Come on!"
Lucy ran, gesturing the others to follow, the stranger being carried by Natsu.
"Wait... I can't walk or fly.. You were too heavy,, Lucyyy..."
Happy remarked, looking at Lucy with a depressed-kind of glare.
"Don't say that!! Let's go!!"
The two ran off towards the guild, leaving Happy lying on his back at the middle of the street while looking at them until they were out of sight. He looked at the clear blue sky.
"Hmmm..... I wonder who that girl was.."

At Fairy Tail......

"Guys, I'm back!!! Lucy's safe!! She's here with me!!"
The Fire Dragon Slayer roared, then kicked the table nearest to him.
"I'm really glad you two're safe, but please don't destroy the tables."
The master came near them, hopelessly eyeing the broken table. He looked up.
"And who's that black-haired girl you're carrying, Natsu?"
"Ah! That's right! Master! To the hospital, quick! Her life is in danger!!"
Lucy, again in the lead, ran to the guild's hospital and told Natsu to hurry up and put the stranger down. She was immedeatley treated. Lucy went outside and sat on one of the benches. Her thoughts came back.
"If Jupiter really was launched in that island, and two of them, too.."
She was analyzing the situation, then suddenly, a thought popped into her mind.
"But,, that would be impossible! Only  one was really difficult enough to stop even for our Titania with a really powerful armor.. It would be impossble for that girl to stop two at once! And with such small impact on the forest..."
Her thinking was interrupted by Mirajane, who came to her side with a worried face.
"How about you, Lucy? Are you okay? You have large wounds and several burns on your arms and legs.."
She snapped out of her spacing out.
"Oh, Mira-san. I'm okay. No need to worry. Scratches are nothing. Ahaha!"
Mira puffed her cheeks.
"Hmph! Just come with me!"
She pulled Lucy by her arm and started off, heading to the guild's clinic. As they were treating her, she started thinking again.
"...........,,"
"Sigh ........"
Her expression became serious.
"Just who is that girl?"

くろあいす [ Black Ice ] ー A Fairy Tail Fanfiction
Chapter 1
/End/