Chapter 3- A New Member

"Lalalalala~"
Lucy was singing as she walked on the narrow platform of the barrier that surrounds the river, happily like a child singing her favorite song.
"Be careful, miss. You might fall."
A man in a boat called out to her, and she responded, telling the man that she would be alright. As usual. Walking on, she met some of her guild mates along the way ー Levy, Jet, and Droy. They were walking together, telling stories and laughing together as always.
"They really are best friends no matter what you do."
Lucy thought, then smiled.
"Better not butt in..."
Continuing to walk lively on the narrow path, she finally spotted the guild. She jumped off of the platform and finally remembered.
"Oh, that's right! The girl from yesterday!"
She walked a little faster, which seemed like jogging, then runninh. She bumped into Mirajane who was waiting for the others outside.
"Kyaa! Oh, I'm sorry, Mira-san!"
Lucy apologized sincerely, bowing her head everytime she said sorry.
"Ahaha.. no. It's okay Lucy. You were worried about the girl from the other day, right?"
Mira said, wiping the dust off of her dress.
"How.. did you?"
"Well, it was written all over your face. Ehehe... I can also see it by your actions."
Suddenly, some people came running towards the guild.
"Oh, it's everybody! Good thing they already arrived."
Mira remarked, taking out the key from a bag. As they came closer, Mira inserted the key on the keyhole and turned it until they heard a clicking sound. They pushed the doors open, and stopped at the sight they were seeing right now:
Clean windows, pure white curtains, shining surfaces, fixed broken things, dustless corners, newly wiped wine glasses and bottles, cushioned chairs, fixed decorations and a trash can was left beside every table.
They couldn't say anything. Lucy went to the guild hospital, where the stranger was being treated, and peeped out of the door, worried.
"Th-the stranger! She's gone!"
Exclaimed the blonde girl.
"And this room's really clean too, and the beds are fixed! No creases on the blankets, too!"
They turned towards Lucy.
"WHAT?!"
Then suddenly, they heard someone coughing. The voice seemed to come from the backstage. Erza, as usual, reacted first.
"Who's there? Show yourself, now!"
"*cough* *cough*... Oh, I'm really sorry if I worried all of you."
She let her guard down when a beautiful dark haired girl with blue eyes appeared on the stage.
"Hello. N-nice meeting you-- *cough* all. I was just cleaning your guild, as part of my thanks. Well, if you haven't saved me, I'd be dead by now. Thank you.."
She bowed low.
"Hahaha! No need to be so polite with us. I'm Natsu. This is Happy. Nice meeting you,... uh..."
"Elizabeth. But, you can call me Eli for short. Nice meeting you too, Natsu-san. Happy."
"Aye, sir!"
The stranger, which turned out to be named Elizabeth, looked around.
"What is it?"
Lucy called out from the side.
"Are you looking for a handsome person? I'm right here!"
Wakaba shouted jokingly.
"Shut up. Why would she want you anyway?!"
Macau answered back.
"Hahaha. Um... I'm looking for the place where you would register to become a guild member."
"Oh. So you want to join our little guild."
Makarov appeared on the entrance.
"Well, Mirajane and I will ask you some questions, and you're all done! Come here."
Eli followed the master to his office. Mira went too, after a while.

In the Master's Office...

Mirajane took out a pen and something which looked like a logbook and asked for Elizabeth's full name with a smile on her face.
"It's Elizabeth Fulbuster."
She didn't notice her last name.
"Age? Magic?"
Mira continued writing on the log book-like pad.
"15 yrs old."
"And for your magic?"
"................ uh..."
"Go ahead."
"I- Ice"
"That was weird. She hesitated back there. And.. Fulbuster? Wait, isn't that?"
The master thought. Mira kept on talking to Eli.
"Oh! You're an ice user! We also have Gray."
Her eyes opened, surprised.
"Wait, what was your last name again? Uh..... Ful-- seriously??!! A-are you somehow related to Gray??"
"Huh? Who's Gray?"
The dark-haired girl tilted her head, puzzled.
"Hmm... then maybe you just don't remember his name. How about his picture?"
The master handed Mirajane a picture he got from the drawer of his table, and she showed it to Eli. The girl just shook her head.
"Amnesia?"
"No. My memory is perfect. I haven't hit my head, and I still remember many things from the past."
"Hmm.. is that so? Then, maybe it's just a coincidence."
"A reaally rare coincidence,"
Master Makarov thought. They asked her where she wanted her mark,He told Eli to go up with Mira onstage and introduce herself to the whole guild. Only, she would have to lie about her surname which they made from Fulbuster to Renaldo. She didn't get it, but she agreed to do so.
"Well, everyone! Time for the introduction by our new member, Elizabeth Renaldo!"
The dark-haired newbie appeared onstage. Loud cheers were heard. When the noise had died down, she began talking.
"My name is Elizabeth.... Renaldo, 15 years old. I hope we get along."
She bowed low.
"No need to be so formal."
Mira said, then faced the audience. But not really audience.
"Then, welcome our new member, everyone!!"
Louder cheers were heard, and finally, they said,
"WELCOME TO FAIRY TAIL, ELIZABETH RENALDO!!!!!!!!"
She stood up straight and looked at all of her new guild mates.
"They're all smiling, having fun and most of all, they're all friends with each other. They value everybody."
"So, Eli-chan. What do you want to say to all of us here?"
Mira remarked softly on the mic.
"Thank you, for accepting me! I would try my best to be a good Fairy Tail member."

くろあいす [ Black Ice ]ー A Fairy Tail Fanfiction
Chapter 3
/End/