The little maid

ABUJA 9:45 pm

Silence echoed the room for a while as  Dinu listen attentively to the other person on the phone adjusting his sitting position after every second

Grace sat on the armchair across the room, scrolling through the posts she missed on social media, 

He called on her attention and signal her to decrease the volume that was coming from the TV, whatever Dinu was discussing on the phone most be important, so she also decided to divert her attention from the media and behear on the conversation.

"Do not let the media broadcast that news, my name was supposed to be there, I owned the chamber and she works for me" Dinu ordered

"But sir, the case isn't related to the chamber it was her case she fought it all alone, so she deserves the credit, beside you are already late, the news has been broadcasted by Nasir Salisu Zango on "In da ranka" A voice responded from the other end

"Damn, I will deal with this issue tomorrow when I get back"

 Grace stared at Dinu her mouth agape 

"I'm going to take drastic action against that fool as soon as I get back to Kano" he blurted 

Grace sensed how the temperature in the room began to turn hotter despite the cold weather along with the presence of an air conditioner, so she slowly picked up her phone in an attempt to exit for the bathroom, she need to make a call to get more details on the issue and to also save her self from being used as a scapegoat by her boss.

"We will be living by 8:00 am tomorrow so get ready for that" Dinu's authoritative voice echoed before she closed the bathroom door.

"Okay sire" she responded.

(Flashback) 12:55 pm 

She sat on the weary mat that was placed on the cold tiled floor, her whole body shivering due to the chilled atmosphere as the lightning continued to stroke through the window occasionally and at the same time the nonrhythmic rainfall echoed the room. Her little hands began to wander around the small sack filled with some clothes, she grabbed a piece of stinky rag and shielded herself from the hungry mosquitoes.  The fetid odor from the wrapper filled her nose but she has no other option than to endure and save herself from the deadly mosquitoes and her other illusions, as said by her godmother.

Her whole body ached from the daily chores, at the same time her Tommy roared for food, she closed her eyes tightly as the thought of her mother flashed into her memory.

"What type of mother could send her child away from home just for the sake of money" tears began to roll down her cheeks as she thought of her home, her friends, the dawn islamiyya, and the late-night tales from her grandmother.

"Kulu must be there living the normal village life," she thought of her cousin-friend who's mum refused to send to the city along with other girls from their compound.

 In her town, it's privileged to send your daughter to the city to work as a maid, and it almost turned into a competitive activity in which her mother happened to be one of the contestants due to her greediness.

She recalled her last night before she left for the city, she overheard her parents arguing.

"Adama, don't you dare send my daughter to the city, I'm warning you to stay away from this evil plan of yours" her dad warned

"She's not only your daughter, but she's also mine too, I gave birth to her and I know what's good for her life, so I will not back up now, not after paying Sakina to take her first before taking Laraba's daughter" she exclaimed

"I have said my words, don't drag this matter further," He said and walked out of the room

"Ai sai kayi kuma" she hissed

This has always been her mom's attitude towards her dad which she disgusted, if only she could swerve her mother, she would have put Kulu's mom in her place and marry her mother up to that reckless father of Kulu, who abandoned his wife and five female children to God know where he only shows up twice in a year that's on the occasion of Eid ul Adha and Eid ul Fitr.

She was brought back to reality by some noises arising from the door, she closed her eyes more tightly trying not to see whatever it is that cause the noise, few minutes passed and the noise was gone, she released a heavy sigh of relief and rolled over to the other end of the mat, but unfortunately, she felt a soft hairy creature tingling her arms, she screamed so loudly but quickly covered her mouth with her hand as she laid her eyes on the plumpy rat, she shut her eyes closed, her body began to tremble as her heartbeats increased. The door cracked open and she felt someone staring at her, she managed to open her eyes and peep a look through the torn piece of wrapper she covered herself with, her worst nightmare emerged right there and began to walk towards her,  her body resume shivering, she felt a warm liquid escaping out of her bladder and before she could comprehend what to do, she felt a hot slap on her shoulder.

"Munafuka, will you sit up and face me…" her God mother's voice struck like a thunder

"...I know you are crazy, but never knew that you are possessed too, stupid girl" 

"Aunty, I'm sorry I got startled by a rat, I promise I didn't shout for no reason" she tried to explain with her shaky voice.

"Was that enough reason to shout at this late hour of the night, do you know what time it is?" She asked in a low tone but infuriated trying not to disturb other occupants of the house

Amina shook her head for a no without saying a word. 

"What the hell is this? " Aunty Faiza screamed as she felt liquid streaming her feet.

"Did you pour water on the mat, or you…" she said trying to figure out what is it as she flashed a deadly look at Amina

"...you fee on the mat?" She asked eyes wide open pointing a finger at her.

Amina knew that there's nothing that could save her, so she began to cry And plead for mercy.

"Will you shut your mouth up, you idiot" she shushed

"Oya...stand up and wash the mat, mop the floor and wash the mopper after you are done, you are going to sleep on the floor tonight, stupid girl" she instructed.

Amina know better than to defend, so she stood up and picked the mat into the bathroom, she washed and mopped the floor and changed into other dirty clothes. She placed one of her clothes on the floor and used her hijab to cover herself, the cold finding its way directly into her weary bones, she closed her eyes that were reddened and bug out due to continuous flowing of tears and lack of rest, she didn't realize when sleep engulfed her

Heya!

I finally got the courage to drop another chapter, I know it took me so long for an update but I'm not sorry about that because you guys aren't supportive anymore, I didn't receive many votes on the first chapter so it made me feel like the story isn't interesting.

Please support me by voting, commenting, and sharing this story.

Thank you.

Anticipate an update soon.

Ayeeshahsb