Chapter Seventeen - Drama at Eleven

This chapter is best read while listening to Locked Away - R.City ft. Adam Levine :)

♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥

~ Edited ~

It starts to get later and later and later, but I try to ignore the clock, the end of the assignment increasingly in sight. Regardless, I'm tired and starting to feel uncomfortable in my rather clingy top and shorts. Lucky, I went for comfort when dressing this morning or I'd be in real trouble at the moment. But there is a certain length of time you can wear one set of clothes before feeling the need to rip them off.

"You okay?"

I blink over at Ryan and am shocked at the dark circles under his eyes. This is the first time I've seen him look anything but perfect or arrogant.

"Yeah. Why?"

"You keep pulling on your shirt."

I nod in acknowledgement, "I'm not liking how it feels right now. I'll get over it."

"Have a break", Ryan continues and puts the iPad down beside himself before standing up. "Come on. I'll grab you a towel."

"A towel?" I choke.

"Have a shower. Relax", Ryan disappears down the hall.

I remain in shocked muteness for a few moments, before placing my laptop to the side and dragging myself after him. In the bathroom doorway he hands me a relatively fluffy, blue towel and piles something grey on top.

"What's that?" I ask as I nod my chin at the grey material.

"A shirt", Ryan replies deadpan. "It should be big enough to be comfortable for you, sweetheart."

My heart starts to beat faster and faster but I try to hide this, turning my back on him and entering the bathroom with my nose high.

"Let's hope so."

♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥

Ryan was right.

There, I said it. Once and only once, and never to his face. After the shower, I feel amazing. Bounding out of the bathroom in a cloud of steam and skipping back to the lounge room. His shirt acting more like a dress over my shorts. I'm wired and as comfortable as ever.

"I'M BACK!" I scream upon reentering the lounge room.

"Jesus!" Ryan barks with a little jump. "We have neighbours, you know?"

"I do", I chirp, "I saw them watching TV. Thanks for the top, sorry about the fright." I skip over to the couch I'd previously been sitting on and leap onto it, bouncing on my knees on the cushion.

"Crap", Ryan mutters, "You've lost it."

"Nar, sweetheart", I purr and glance at him. "Just got some extra energy."

"Sweetheart?" Ryan chokes, "Did you just call me that?"

"True story", I grab a remaining slice of pizza as I dash across the coffee table and collapse beside him on his couch.

He blinks down at me as I blink up at him and chew pizza.

"Well, I'm glad you're happy. But this assignment is never going to end."

I roll my eyes, "We almost have it, just a few more hours."

"A few more hours?" Ryan roars, "Do you realise that it's past eleven? I'm over this."

"Whaa! Whaa!" I exclaim mockingly, "No choice. Have a shower if you're not feeling the love."

"Are you making fun of me?"