Chapter Twenty-Two - Wings

Media is a pic of what I sort of imagine Ryan's wing tattoo looking like! :) :) 

This part is best read while listening to Nick Jonas's Chains - I saw it in my YouTube Recommended and now I'm addicted. -.- 

Sad story of my life. 

Enjoy. XOXO

♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥  

~ Edited ~

Even though the car trip is about three hours and twenty four minutes long it passes relatively quickly. Ryan eventually lit the cigarette between his lips, but that was the only one the entire trip. The radio played some great songs which we managed to do some pretty toneless duets to. The scenery wasn't too bad and Chicken Treat for lunch managed to keep me in a relatively harmless mood. Eventually, we pull into the holiday park we're staying at and I have to resist the urge to wind down the window and hang out of it hollering.

It just feels right.

Ryan parks on the curb and ducks into the front office, remerging with a key and continues down the tiny roads between chalets and tents. We're number 34 and the road just outside that chalet is packed with a noisy crowd.

"Here we go", Ryan says before laying into the horn.

Some move aside, while others jeer and taunt. I have to wonder how much alcohol has already been consumed by the group. We park and get out, Cindi is instantly at my side babbling about how much fun we're going to have and how cute such and such is. Ryan is swarmed by almost the entire group, and he entertains them with arrogant confidence.

"Not a fan?"

The thick, English accent makes me glance to my far right and I'm greeted by the sight of the most perfect, blond, tall, tanned, toned man in all existence.

"It's complicated", I say with a sly smile. "I'm Peyton."

"Charlie", he returns the smile with one slightly cheekier, "and this is Sarah."

I glance at the dark skinned girl beside him, smoking while texting. She glances up at the mention of her name and nods in my direction.

"Hey", she says with a cloud of smoke.

"Hi", I force the smile I direct at her.

"I also met Lara just before. She's completely stunning", Cindi points to a leggy brunette with flowing hair and gorgeous heels.

"Alright", I mumble, increasingly feeling like the least attractive person this side of the river.

"Then there's Reece and Simon", she points vaguely near Ryan where two guys are standing.

Short haircuts, sipping beer and generally looking pretty alright.

"Then there's Georgia and Liam but we don't know where they headed off to", Cindi grinned, "Anyway! So glad you're here! So excited for this week!"

I nod and glance back at Ryan, but he's now wrapped up in a conversation with the gorgeous Lara. He hasn't looked at me since we've arrived and I'm strangely starting to feel a little neglected.

♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥

All the chalet occupants had been arranged before arrival, so I was with Cindi, Ryan and Charlie. All people I feel safe around and like I can almost trust. Ryan dumped one of my bags on the end of my bed and I carried the other one, instantly closing the door and burrowing my face into the pillow I'd brought along. How am I going to survive this week? Not long after there's a knock on my door and I peel the pillow away.

"What?"

The door slides open a little crack and I can see a gleaming blue eye staring at me.

"How can I help you?" I ask Charlie as I sit up and rearrange my clothing to be a little more modest.

The door opens further, until Charlie's entire head is revealed.

"We're heading down to the beach, wanna come?" his accent working overtime.

I shrug, "I guess. Let me get ready."

He nods and closes the door again. I leap off the bed and lock it behind him, then turn to my bags and rummage through my clothing until I find the ones I need. My green bikini, some patterned board shorts, and a singlet to go over the top. I've always been very self-conscious and it's not about to change now.

"PEYTON! PEYTON! PEYTON!" Cindi hollers from outside my door, pounding it with every 'P' sound.

"Calm down!" I yell back and unlock my door, yanking it open.

She stands in front of me in a gorgeous black and gold bikini set and blondish hair hanging free around her shoulders.

"You look good", I say as I turn back and look for my thongs and sunglasses.

"Thanks. You too. But", she pauses and looks both ways to make sure the coast is clear before continuing, "wait until you see Ryan."

I can just imagine. 

♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥

We're the last two people to make it to the vast expanse of white sand and clear water and as it turns out, my imagination is just not what it used to be. Ryan comes jogging up the second the cement path ends and I'm sad to admit that my breath actually catches in my throat. Glistening water runs down his tan chest and abs, a tattoo of a snake curled on his collar bone and another tattoo sticking out on his hip. Big, toned arms and gorgeous grey eyes.

I'm down for the count.

"You're always so slow, sweetheart", he jokes with a careless smile. "Accommodation up to your standard?"

"Currently", I choke out and try to just focus on his eyes.

Those grey, annoying eyes.

"I'm going over there", Cindi says and points in the general direction of a crowd of people before leaving me.

"You ready for that tattoo of mine?" Ryan doesn't miss a beat.

"Which one?"

"The one on my back", he brushes his fingers lightly under my chin. "Am I making you uncomfortable, sweetheart?"

I slap his hand away, "Hardly", then I stalk around him to see his back. The huge ink wings cover almost the entire space of skin and I can't help but step a little closer, taking in the intricate feather design.

"Holy..." I trail off as my eyes hungrily take in the amazing tattoo. "Why wings?"

"Why not?"

Without thinking I raise my hand and brush my finger tip lightly over one unruly feather with the intent of smoothing it down. Unsurprisingly, the feather stays curled, surprisingly a visible shiver travels up Ryan's back and through his shoulders.

"Sweetheart", his voice is husky as he turns to face me, "What was that for?"

We're so close, I can feel the warmth of his breath against my forehead, and am finding it hard to breath due to his muscles.

"Sorry", I mumble, "Wasn't really thinking."

"Hmph. So you like it then?"

"It's beautiful", I sigh. "Really incredible."

Ryan nods, "I'm glad I have your approval, sweetheart." He steps passed me and grabs my arm just above the elbow, "Let's go have some fun."

♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥