Chapter Fifty-Five

I sit in bed in my own dorm. I've skipped all my classes and I haven't eaten. I refuse to talk to anyone but Harry, Hermione, and Ron.

Sabrina's side of the room left untouched, the last sweater she was wearing on the floor where I left it. Her favorite toy hanging on my bed rods, her food and water left still there.

Harry told me he's going to hide the book. I told him okay, I didn't care. I just wished the spell he used on Malfoy killed him.

I wrap myself in her blanket trying to fall asleep but I can't, the only thing I can see is her.

Her dead in my arms.

I hear the door open, I ignore it knowing it's probably Harry. But then I feel a hand on my shoulder, and I know it isn't Harry.

I quickly turn around holding onto the person.

"Mum!"

I hear her laugh as she hugs me, I hold onto her tighter than ever. She runs her hands through my hair, Harry brushed it out for me last night so it wouldn't knot.

She lets go of me still keeping me close, "I got a Patronus from Minnie, and I got a letter from Hermione. So here I am to pull you out of this slump."

"Where's dad?"

"He's busy, and it's kind of hard leading a big black dog in here who looks like he could swallow you whole. He did want to come, believe me."

I lay down on her, as she rubs up and down my back. "So I'm going to make you clean this room. And then you'll clean yourself up, and then you'll join your friends who desperately want normal you back."

I groan covering myself with the covers. "Yup, and we can talk while we clean."

She pulls me off of her, I pull the covers off and watch as she starts to pick things up. She touches the bloody uniform I was wearing that day.

"You know when I was younger. I had a cat."

"Really?" I ask while getting up, starting to pick things up. "Yup, her name was peach. She died at seventeen my parents killed her."

I stare at her in shock, because never has she mentioned this.

"They didn't like her. And put cleaning stuff in her water, she drunk it and died. I buried her later that day."

"I was sad and started making bad choices. Your father and Pandora helped me and I got better. But what I'm trying to say is. When something bad happens you don't need to distance yourself. You have friends, let them help you. It's okay to need help."

I start to remove Sabrina's toys from the ground. Placing them in my trunk, a couple of tears falling while doing so.

"She was like my baby, and someone took her from me. For his selfish needs, she was as innocent as a child."

I stare at a picture of me and her, spotting Harry, Hermione, and Ron in the back.

And then it hits me.

I'm being selfish, I'm ignoring them. All they want to do is help and I'm pushing them away. They are always there for me. And I never accept their help.

"I need my friends."

Mum smiles and looks at me. "You can go, I'll finish." She waves bye to me, laughing to herself.

My friends, always make me feel better. That puts a smile on my face, the first smile I've had. I guess mum is right, you do need friends to help you get over things.

---------

I walk into the Gryffindor Common room, looking for them. I quickly spot all of them on the ground, I walk towards them.