Legacy

Zero gripped his saber, staring off at the sunset, thoughts clouding his mind.

"Zero?" Ciel asked, stepping up close to him, "Zero what's wrong?" She asked.

"I...I couldn't save X, or Kraft, or Elpizo, or the guardians...I've failed my mission. I was supposed to protect everyone, and I failed," Zero explained, the grip on his saber tightening.

"No Zero, you didn't fail, you did your best, and they gave their lives to push you forward, to help you. X and the Guardians used their bodies to save you from Omega, Elpizo fell to his own arrogance, and Kraft helped you stop Weil from using Ragnarok," Ciel said, grabbing onto Zero's arm. Zero stepped forward and stabbed his saber into the ground.

"Ciel...I think I'm ready."

"Ready for what, Zero?"

"I'm ready to pass on my legacy. I'm done fighting," Zero removed his helmet and put it onto the hilt of his blade, letting his blonde hair flow over his shoulders.

"Oh, well who's gonna carry your story?" Ciel asked.

"You," Zero said, turning towards the young scientist.

"Wh-what? I d-don't think I'm ready for that Zero!" Ciel stuttered, stepping back.

"Yes you are Ciel, I believe in you."

"O-okay Zero," Ciel steadied her breathing and walked over to Zero's helmet. She picked it up and put it on. She grabbed Zero's saber and yanked it out of the ground, raising it towards the sky.

"You've done your part Zero, now it's my turn to fight!"