Prolouge

"Time for bed Ada." My father said walking into my room. 

     "Dad I don't need to be told when to got to sleep anymore, Im almost ten." I said holding up the number on my fingers. 

     "Then humor your dear old dad, huh?" He said patting the bed.

     "Okay." I said climbing under the tinker bell sheets. 

     "I have something for you." He said reaching into his pocket pulling out a chain, and at the end of it was a locket.

     "Oh my God it's so pretty." I said reaching for the necklace.

     He sat down next to me and put the necklace in front of me. He opened the pendant of the necklace and it was a picture of me and him from my ninth birthday party. "That's from my birthday." 

     "Yes it is. Here" He said as he unhooked the chain and placed it around my neck. "Fits perfect."

     I giggled, "I love it." I was so happy.

     "Alright, it's time for you to sleep." He said leaning down to kiss my head. 

     I lean away from his and pushed his face away, "We have to read first." 

     "We have finished that book three times already, you already know what happens." He said laughing.

     "We have to finish it please." I did my best puppy dog eyes at him.

     "Fine." He grabbed the book off of the stand beside my bed. 

     I listened as my father read the last chapter of my favorite book, ""Well!" said Peter. "We have had a time.""Bother!" said Edmund. "I've left my new torch in Narnia."" 

     I laughed, "That parts so funny." 

     "Yes it is." I smiled, "Can you sleep now?" 

     "Yes." He leaned down and kissed my on the cheek, his beard scratched my face.

     "You know that I'll always love you, no matter what. Right?" He said petting the top of my head. 

     "Duh." I lauged, yawning.

     "I love you Ada." He said as he walked over to the door.

     "I love you too daddy." I said closing my eyes as i heard him shut the door.

----------------

     I woke up to the sun shining on my face, I yawned and streched my arms. I got out of bed and opened my door.

     "Where's daddy?" I looked around the room for him.

     "He's gone Ada." My mother said not lifting her head from her hands.

     "Where is he mommy?" I asked walking closer to her. "When's he getting back?"

     "I don't know Ada."