Chapter: 1

Red. There was red stained all over the bathroom.

     My hands were stained with the cheep red hair dye. I looked up into the mirror, my hair that used to be a shade of dark brown was now firetruck red. Which I felt went better with the green eyes anyway.

     I walked out of the bathroom and back into my room. The sun wasn't out yet but school was gonna start soon. I stared in the mirror, fluffing the red that was now in my hair. I honestly thought that it looked pretty good considering the fact that it was done in a random 18 year olds bathroom.

     There were three taps on the window. I turned around to see Finn squated down on the fire escape. I could see his mouth say the words 'let me in' before I walked over to the window.

     I opened the window for him, "Come on ya big lug."

     He started to climb through the window, his shoulder length black hair falling into his eyes that were just as dark. He jumped down onto the floor and stumbled a bit.

     He flattened his clothes, "I'm gettin too tall for this." He laughed cracking his neck.

     "I think that you're just getting old." I laughed, waiting for his usual sarcastic response.

     "Alright well it's not my fault you're a ba-"
He paused when he looked up at me. "Whoa that's new" he said as he reached out and touched a strand of my hair.

     I smacked his hand, "Yes as of about two minutes ago."

     "Cool, looks great." He said, as he blew a strand of hair away from his face. "Where are the... rubber band thingies.?" He asked looking around the room.

     "In the bathroom, top right drawer." He walked out of the room and turned the corner to the bathroom. "You'd think that you would remember by now." I looked in the mirror and started to line my eyes.

     "Yeah yeah, I have a crap memory we've been over this." He said walking back into the room pulling his hair up into a small bun. "Where's your mom?"

     "I don't know and honestly I don't really care." I said finishing the eyeliner wings on the corners of my eyes. I fixed the locket around my neck, facing it the right way. "Let's just go, we're gonna be late." I said grabbing my back pack and motioning to the front door.

     We walked out the door and and locked it behind us, and started on our usual route out the building and started walking to school. 

     "Can you slow down?" I yelled at Finn who was at least 3 steps ahead of me by now. 

     "Im not even walking that fast, you, are just short." He said grinning on 'you' and emphasising it. 

     "Well it isn't my fault that you're built like frankenstein." I smiled at him and sped up, almost at the steps of the school. 

     "Ha ha, very funny."he said, he ran up behind me just before the bell rang for first period. 

     "See ya doofus." I grinned at him before turning and going to my first period. 

     I walked through the door to see a sub where my usual first period teacher sat, Mr.Harris. I sat down in my usual seat, putting my earbuds in knowing that no sub was going to actually make us do work. 

     I sat for a while before I felt a tap on my shoulder, "What?" I asked taking out on of the earbuds that were in my ear. 

     "There's a party tonight at Sam's are you going?" Nicole that sat next to me in class, insisted that I come because it was going to be the 'party of the century' and that the hosts were going to include 'party favors.'

     "What kind of 'party favors'?" I asked with air quotes.

     "The kind that you measure in ounces." She laughed along with the girl that sat next to her. 

     The bell rang and I left first, I wanted to be able to talk to Finn about the party. I looked for him in the hall before finally finding him at his locker. 

     I leaned against the locker next to his, "Hey, my very best friend in the entire world." I smiled at him like he had just bought me a puppy, "I have a question, and before you say no..."

     "Look, I already heard about the party and no." He said grabbing a thick book from his locker and shutting it secureing the lock. 

     He started to walk away and I walked fast trying to keep up with him. "Oh come on, it'll be fun."

     "No it won't because I don't smoke, I don't drink, and the last time we went to a party I got grounded because my mom could smell the weed on me, so no." He started to walk faster down the hall. 

     I ran infront of him and stopped him, "Pleeeeaaaaassseee" I stared up at him with puppy dog eyes and a pout.

     "Not the.... Fine, I'll go." He said rolling his eyes at me before walking infront of me to get to his class. He turned around before walking in, "You knew I was gonna say yes already."

     I smiled at him and nodded, "You always say yes."