𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 14: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒪𝓁𝒹 𝒲𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹

✧˖°࿐ Content Warning for the very end of this chapter, please be careful and reach out to someone if you need help!

✧˖°࿐ She was normal. That's what she thought anyway.

She had a house. She had loving parents. She had a TV, plenty of food, and went to school.

In elementary school she had friends. She was a little shy and a little weird, but that was okay. They were kids, they didn't care.

In middle school she started to get into video games. That wasn't normal for girls. Her parents didn't mind, some of her friends didn't mind, but others did.

It was fine. She didn't need the people who didn't like her because of her interests.

She spent more time playing the games than she did with her friends or with her family. They brought her joy, she wouldn't give them up for anything.

Eighth grade was shit, though.

A girl, a former friend, started spreading rumors about her. What had she done? Nothing as far as she knew.

She had no friends in eighth grade. She just spent more time on her games than ever before.

She thought high school would be a change.

It wasn't.

The same girl from middle school became part of the popular clique. Somehow her life turned into a YA Romance story, except there was no hot new or popular kid coming to save her.

It was fine. She had her family and her games. She only needed to go to school to learn.

It hurt though, sitting alone and eating at lunch, not being chosen for any group projects. She wasn't wanted. She couldn't do anything. She was useless. She was worthless.

Come 2020, the pandemic was in full swing. Covid-19 turned everything upside down, giving her a chance to be somewhat normal in that year. It wasn't the best, but it wasn't terrible.

It was the end of September when she started getting ads for a game. Anime? Yes. Hot characters? Yes. Cool looking boss? Yes.

She went to the basement, booted up the PS4, and downloaded Genshin Impact.

It took seven hours to download.

It was worth the wait, even just the opening cutscene was amazing. Choosing the male protagonist (who she later learned was name Aether), she began her adventures in Teyvat.

Her opinion on the characters?

Aether, he was cool! Love the crop top and long braid!

Lumine, kind of a basic design, but cute!

Paimon, annoying. Emergency food.

Amber, bad character gameplay, endearing in the manga. Definitely didn't level 80 her as a joke.

Kaeya, boob window. He's sexy and he knows it and she's living for it.

Lisa, she's an ara ara bitch and she hated it.

Jean, literally a Saber-Face. Fate fan though, so it was okay!

Barbara, she's fine.

Xiangling, cute, her bear's annoying to place though.

Chongyun, that aesthetic? Perfect, she loves white haired characters.