𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 16: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐵𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔

✧˖°࿐ Just a lil warning for the end of the chapter, remember to reach out if you need help!

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

✧˖°࿐ For some reason, Childe made everything go much slower than usual. Maybe that was just in her head, as they actually made it to Wanghsu three hours earlier than she normally would've.

"Let's stop here."

"Hey, it isn't that late! Or are you tired already?"

"No, there's a friend here that I want to say goodbye to. Do you mind?"

Childe stared at her for a minute before lifting his hand to rub the back of his head, "Wow, I'm not the only important person in your life? The betrayal!"

"Oh shut it. He's the most important person in my life, so there was no betrayal to be had."

Childe's eyes widened for a split second, unbeknownst to Ganyu, "This guy must be something special then."

"Yup! Just like you!"

Childe's ears glowed pink, "And what do you mean by that?"

"You both kill a lot of stuff for your jobs!" Ganyu gave him a closed eyed smile, unknowingly crushing the young man's dreams that he himself didn't know he had.

(Now, Childe wasn't oblivious, he was just denying that he was enthralled in the beauty and strange mannerisms that made up the being known as "Ganyu")

As they began to climb the stairs, Ganyu looked out over the Guili Plains, "Have you ever seen the view from the top of Wangshu?"

"Can't say that I have, girlie."

Girlie? Really?

"It's pretty. If the mountain wasn't in the way, you could probably see Liyue Harbor. Even still, you can see the Karst, Mingyun Village, the Stone Gate, and even Dragonspine's peak!"

"And how long have you spent staring at stuff up there?"

She shrugged her shoulders with her eyes closed, "Long enough to know that it's where I fell in love."

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Xiao had seen his friend crush arrive at Wangshu Inn with a ginger haired man. A disgusting emotion wormed its way through his entire body, the voices in the back of his head telling him to end he who dares to touch what was his.

No, Xiao. She would be mad if you killed her friend.

So he did the next best thing.

Get as close as possible, stalk them, and eavesdrop on their conversation.

Of course it seemed like a normal conversation, even as it turned to the topic of the view from the balcony.

His only problem was the nickname the man had for "Ganyu."

What kind of fucking nickname is girlie?

It was enough to shrug it off, as he could tell "Ganyu" herself wasn't the most comfortable with it. After that was when he heard something that he never thought he would hear.

The question itself was simple enough. How long had "Ganyu" spent looking over the balconies? A long time, was what he thought she would say.

Immediately after his brain processed what she said he teleported into his room, hand covering the lower half of his face.