Chapter Three

''I'm sorry Mr. Kent, no one by that name has been admitted this afternoon, we've only had two people admitted to the hospital today,'' she frowned. ''Is Clark your son?'' she asked. Jonathan nodded, as he shifted backward, Martha reaching for his shoulder, lightly touching it, as she met eyes with the nurse, the nurse who's bright smile had faded now.

''What's this all about?'' asked a new voice. A female voice. The voice of Mrs. Ross, Pete's mother.

''We're looking for Clark. He left the farm a couple hours ago, and hasn't returned yet. We figured he might've went somewhere with Pete.'' Mrs. Ross was already shaking her head before Jonathan could even finish. He stopped, allowing to speck. However what she said next, wasn't what he wanted to hear. ''Pete was badly injured, he was found unconscious, on the side of the road, by the wheat farm, down the road from your farm. I don't know about you two? But the recent murder just happened there, I'd hate to assume they were messing around, and the killer didn't like that.'' she gasped, pressing a hand to her chest. ''I'd hate to think Clark might be working alongside that murderer.''

''What are you talking about?!'' Jonathan barked. ''Do you even hear yourself, right now? In case you weren't aware, your son is here! Safe! Lying in a hospital bed, while mine might be-'' he didn't finish that sentence, his eyes fell from in front of him, Mrs. Ross shifted uncomfortably, as the nurse suddenly chimed in, pushing herself past the rest, clutching her clipboard closer to her chest. ''We will alert you as soon as we hear anything, you'll be altered as soon as he'd admitted. In the meantime, my advice would be to check in with the police, maybe there's been a report made already, or maybe he's there? Sitting safe at the police station, waiting for you? I wouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly.'' her frown remained on her face from the remainder of the rest of her sentence, as she guided Mrs. Ross away. Jonathan looked like he was going to say something, but Martha silenced him, with a hand on his shoulder.

''I have a really bad feeling about this.'' he whispered. ''I find it very unlikely he'd be at the police station.''

''Yes, I'm with you.'' Martha whispered.