Chapter 16: Power Of The Cosmic Palm

A beam of light suddenly shot towards the skies from Nanjing's west wall, aimed right at Orton. He deflected it with his blade, but the impact still caused an explosion in mid-air. This prompted a sneer on his face, but such things were the exact reason they had attacked within the city itself. Even this native planet possessed the technology to enter the skies, and their old weapons posed a significant threat.

Jeraldine and Lu Yin landed within Nanjing, the former speaking up in shock, He actually brought Terence?!

Terence? Lu Yin was puzzled.

Top three in the First Military School, combat level over 2,500.

Lu Yins heart sank, Can you stall him for a while? Ill deal with Orton.

Hmm Yes, but not for long.

Lu Yin nodded and ran towards Zhou Shans position, watching as more beams of energy shot towards the alien from Nanjing's walls.

Ill pay you guys a visit once I slaughter this one, Orton said impatiently, dashing towards Zhou Shan on the ground. The Executioner gritted his teeth and prepared to deflect with his axe; he could have been a challenge even for Terence, but with Orton on top, hed quickly lost control of the battle. The swordsman was quickly right next to him on the ground, rendering Nanjing's ballistics useless.

Lu Yin grabbed a fire crystal from his cosmic ring as he approached the battle, tossing it high into the sky. It was quite eye-catching, but Orton and Zhou Shan were too busy doing battle to notice. Terence glanced over and his eyes started to water, but even he didnt have time to wonder about it before he felt a sharp pain in his back. He turned around quickly, figure swaying like a leaf in the wind as he dodged Jeraldines second strike, You?

Jeraldine did not reply, simply retrieving a fire crystal from her cosmic ring and crushing it. Flame Palm! she barked as her surroundings were burnt, condensing the fire within her hand for an attack.

Youre dead! Terence growled as he spat out some blood, his own right palm grabbing the air around for a Shockwave Palm. The blaze and winds engulfed the earth as both hands slapped against each other, destroying all buildings within a hundred-meter radius. The giant flames were swept upwards by the airstream, just like a dancing fiery snake.

Jeraldine retreated a few steps with a pale face. Terences Shockwave Palm was much stronger than Lu Yins and was difficult to withstand even if she used her battle techniques. However, her opponent didnt have an easy time either. Fire techniques were already on the high end of the power scale, and the help of a fire crystal left her attack no less harmful than his. He roared once more, Jeraldine, this is my territory!

She did not reply, the ring armor covering her body and reflecting the red light of the blaze. Terence clenched his jaw and did the same; he wouldnt have bothered at the start, but now he felt pressure from her, and more importantly, was injured.

Jeraldine? Why are you here? Orton looked back in shock, but his attention was forced back into the battle as Zhou Shan bellowed. He quickly blocked another sweep of the axe, the shockwave from the collision splitting the earth below.

Lu Yin suddenly dashed out, approaching Orton in an instant with Roving Step. His own palm shot out, the moon appearing within. Neither combatant had expected this, and while Zhou Shan only hesitated, Ortons gaze blanked out. The Cosmic Palm crashed down on his chest the next instant, leaving him unable to utter a single word as his heart was crushed. The boundless energy even bored a hole through his chest and continued into a residence behind, bringing it down to the ground. Even the ground crumbled under such pressure.

You, Zhou Shan was dumbstruck at the sight.

Lu Yin turned his body and swept his leg towards him, ensuring that his back faced Jeraldine and Terence as he hissed, Attack me!