Chapter 20: Origin Of The Apocalypse

The Timestop Domain initially provided Lu Yin with three days of frozen time, but the price to extend that was far too steep. One fist-sized crystal only added five seconds; if that scaled, a full cubic meter would only add about 80 minutes to the timer. His need for star crystals had grown once more; he needed them for cultivation, battle technique training, equipment, charging his die, increasing the duration of the Timestop Domain, and a million other small things. He was starting to believe that some disreputable acts would be worth it if he could get enough crystals; in fact, maybe becoming an interstellar bandit wasnt a bad career choice.

Shaking off that thought, he examined his surroundings. Three days of time here was a rather awkward duration; he didnt have any star crystals to absorb, and there wasnt enough time to upgrade his Cosmic Palm. What about other techniques? Wondering for a moment, he soon decided that there was only one technique that he could practice right now: the Spacerender Palm.

Spacerender Palm was the upgraded version of the Shockwave Palm, another battle technique available to the masses. Its physical requirements far exceeded that of the Shockwave Palm, to the point that not even many Melders could utilize it. However, this suited him perfectly; he had no energy crystals to train anything else, and he was confident in the strength of his body. Spacerender Palm was much more powerful than Shockwave Palm, and more importantly, it was a long-range attack; it could make up for his current shortcomings. Although he hadnt been practicing his battle techniques for a while, he hadnt relaxed his training regimen for his body.

The near-zero star energy cost of Shockwave Palm was the reason that Lu Yin had managed to use it to kill Vesta. Although the universe was flooded with star energy on the whole, every planet had a unique ecosystem and some of them werent compatible with it. Techniques like the Shockwave Palm that relied on ones physical energy were extremely underrated by most people; in the process of chasing more formidable battle techniques, they didnt pause to wonder whether those techniques could be used in all situations. As the timer continued to tick down, he went down and started doing push-ups with a single finger.

Three sweaty days quickly passed, and Lu Yin watched the scenery before him warping once more. He returned to the training arena he had just entered on Earth, and a quick glance confirmed that only a second had passed in his three days of rough training. Taking a quick bath, he rested for the rest of the night.

When he met Jeraldine the next morning, Lu Yin noticed the hint of dread in her gaze as he asked, Do you know what your role is?

Your bodyguard, Jeraldine answered softly.

He chuckled, Lets go, the Executioner should be awake soon.

Having sustained injuries far worse than Jeraldines, Zhou Shan had been undergoing advanced therapy. After sustaining severe wounds from Terence, he would have been killed by Orton if not for Lu Yin. Even with the half-month of treatment, he was visibly thinner and weaker.

When Lu Yin brought Jeraldine towards the Executioners ward, Feng Hong got up immediately, Brother Lu— no, Hidden Sage— the Executioner has woken up.

Lu Yin felt helpless at the use of the moniker. He definitely didnt want that title when the second batch of students was about to arrive, as it would place a target on his back. However, all of Nanjing now called him by that title, and it was widely known that he had reached the Realm of Sky. There wasnt any way to refute.

You can stay here, he responded, stepping past Feng Hong to enter the ward. Feng Hong stared vigilantly at Jeraldine for obvious reasons, but she didnt bother with him. She didnt care about anyone outside of Lu Yin himself here; were he not from the greater universe like her, it would have taken a while for her ego to allow her to give in.