unnamed snippet #6

......
"cold."
gust of winds slowly seeped into the area. trees scattered and swayed as the cold air caressed their foliage. a deep, droning darkness surrounded me as I trudged through this fucking hellhole. I need to reach home soon, my dinner will get cold.

"..."

Time seemed to have stood still.  With every weary step I take, the short hands of a clock followed suit. The droning darkness stood still amongst the trees. Always has been for what felt like the past few hours... I hope morning comes soon. My dinner's already spoiled at this damn rate.

"....."

the journey out of this damn hellhole is starting to feel like years. walking through this never ending dirt path, seeing the same sight of trees enveloped by a deep pitch black loop over and over again... am I ever getting the hell out of here?

then. right there and then.
something appeared.

it's figure was blurry, like ink smudged on a sheet of glass. it's height being quite short, barely even reaching my chest. I really can't seem to tell what the hell this thing is... but there was one detail about it that seemed oddly familiar. loosely nestled on it's blurry face was a thousand yard stare that held a warmth so gentle... it had a smile so kind it could comfort any weary soul.

discord. feb 16, 2021. 11:11pm.