the policeman

A lone statue stands proudly in the middle of the town square. It carried the likeness of Mr. Smith, an endearing young policeman whose dreams can reach the stars. His desire to avenge all the townsfolk who have fallen from the evil figures roaming the dead of night grew brighter and brighter every night, like a forest bonfire. One night, him and the local detective managed to track down the suspects of a recent murder. To his horror, they were not human. A menacing, rugged silhouette crept behind the two men. Before the inhuman creature had the chance to strike them, Mr. Smith sensed the threatening aura emanating from it’s presence. Without blinking twice, he swiftly tried to dodge the beast as it lunges towards him and fired 2 shots towards it’s head, reducing it to red, gelatinous mush as it’s innards spill on the floor.  The beast terrorising the town is no more. The policeman‘s strength waned. He had been bitten by the beast. Both men sustained damage. Mr Smith himself was in a critically endangered state. Blood trickling down his fatally wounded body, the frail policeman carried the unconscious body of the detective. His happiest memories flooding his head as he trudged on the coarse path to safety. Tears softly caressed his face as he begins to accept his bittersweet fate. Finally, his body succumbed to the wounds. Mr Smith collapsed on his way to the town medic, where he and the detective was spotted by the townsfolk. He died at 11:47pm, while he was on his way to the medic. Today, we remember Mr Smith’s valiant efforts to restore the town’s peace.

discord. may 6, 2020.