Introduction

Hi, I'm Alexandra Black. I come from one of the most powerful families globally. The Black family has always been known around the world for different things.

My grandmother, Hannah Black, was acknowledged as the best news reporter of her time while grandfather, Edward Black, was known for the best shoe making industry. My dad took over years later.

My mother, Jane Black, has written twelve bestsellers for the past nineteen years. I'm so proud of her. I have cousins who are into different things but have made it. I have a sister too. Naomi Black. She's one of the most paid models and even has her own line of cosmetics.

I love my family so much but sometimes being in such a family, is too much pressure. Everyone expects the best from you. I have tried so many things since I was a kid but I always got bored in a month or two.

Naomi knew that she wanted to be a model at three and since then, she never looked back. Everyone supported her and she grew confident as the years went by. At four, mum enrolled me in a ballet class but I would never get it right. I pushed a girl in class accidentally. She broke her arm and since then I never went back. I was banned.

When I was six, I tried modeling with Naomi but it was discovered that I had two left feet and I couldn't model to save myself.

At seven, my parents thought that maybe my talent lied in sports. So I joined the basketball team. Then the soccer team. Then the lacrosse team. But...

I was hopeless. And everyone gave up. I gave up too. Giving up made me concentrate on my studies. Nobody forced me to do anything since their eyes were on Naomi and I was perfectly fine with that.

There were times I missed my parents and sister but I understood. I supported her and even attended all events with her. But no one took notice of me. I wished I'd have that too. And I did. Just not in the way I expected.

Naomi's show has just ended when I receive a text from one of my best friends telling me to hurry to her. The text seems urgent and I called immediately thinking she was in some sort of trouble.

"Kelly?" I ask when she picks up but didn't speak.

"Alex!" She slurs excitedly making me roll my eyes. "Please pick me up." she says with a hiccup. "Diane ditched me. Again!" She slurred. Diane was the last piece to our trio since we were teenagers. She lives with Kelly in the same apartment after I moved out with my boyfriend of two years.

"Okay honey, just tell me where you are and stay put. I'll be there as soon as possible." Kelly mumbles some inaudible things as I walk to my car. "Kelly, I need you to tell me what you see. I explain slowly and she keeps quiet for some time."

"I can see a clothes store, a beautiful beautiful beautiful clothes store." She says in awe and I laugh amused already knowing where she is. It's the same club we love going to. 'Red Spot'. I tell her to hold on and not move then try calling my boyfriend, Sean who doesn't pick up. Must still be at work.

Sean and Kelly work at the same company as architects but are stationed at different floors. Sean specializes in the big industrial buildings while Kelly specializes in homes and stores. I leave a voicemail for Sean telling him that I'll cook dinner and that he should be there by seven just before I see Kelly sitting on the side of the road moving her hands frantically.

She stops when she sees me and walks to me upright as she sings along to her phone. I look at her in confusion as she enters the car innocently.

"You're not drunk?" I ask confused.

"No. But I need to show you something. It's something that I've been suspicious about but I just proved it." She says.

"What's happening Kels?" I ask still confused.