04. it's tex fest

BEING APART OF leadership at silverado high school was a lot of work

BEING APART OF leadership at silverado high school was a lot of work. tasi, being class president has a lot of work to do to set up tex fest.

tasi was currently hanging up the last of the posters to advertise tex fest when she heard her friends walking by. "ah funnel cakes, kettle corn and foot long churros. there's only one thing that can make tex fest sweeter." at this troy spotted a group of girls going over to sign up for the choir. "and there they are excuse me." and he was off.

"troy you do know those girls are signing up for choir performance right" bella asked the boy who nodded confidently.

"and you know you have to sing in a choir right?" tasi asked, halfway paying attention as she checked off things on her clipboard.

"oh tasi choir isn't about singing." he told her and she slowly looked up with a confused face at him. "they need guys for there tex fest performance. this is another chance for the troy to hang with some lovely ladies."

what. is all tasi could think.

"i believe you already hang out with some lovely ladies." pepper told him, motioning to the four girls in front of him.

"no we just hang out with you guys, pay attention.

tasi and sophie glared at this but we're pulled away by bella and pepper.

~~

"SO WHAT ARE you doing for text fest Pepper? I plan on helping coach at the football toss"

"what's that" pepper asked her friend.

"it's like ring toss, but with footballs." tasi said with a shrug. pepper then went on about how she's making a video for the festival and even asked tasi to star in it.

but here's the thing. tasi can't act to save her life. she can lie, but can't act. but she couldn't say no to pepper so she agreed.

~~

OK SO TASI tried, she really did. but it just wasn't working. plus she kept getting called to the school for class president duties.

tasi didn't know how the project ended but she was excited to see what pepper came up with, so after watching the choir performances they all gathered to watch pepper's video. troy and sawyer joined both sides of tasi both holding churros which tasi happily took pieces of.

"i wanted to highlight a women from texas who was a real trailblazer. and an inspiration to me." pepper said and moved off the stage as a picture of tasi from her first game showed up on the screen. 

"if there's something I've learned from football is that you never quit." tasi's jaw dropped as her voice played over the speakers. 

then a video played of when tasi did back handsprings and a full twist catching her poms from the game she was offered qb.

"this year tasi monroe made texas history, by becoming the first ever female quarterback of the silverado bulldogs."

another video played of tasi's last game where she dodged two players and threw the ball to sawyer.

"there will always be people who will say you can't do it. you don't have to be one of them."  

"this is her story"

once again a video played, this time it was 7 year old tasi playing football in her backyard with her dad, grandpa and brothers. who we're currently watching with smiles. "ohh touch down!" her dad cheered

"that's how you do it! shabuya!" little tasi cheered while both troy and sawyer nudged her arm.

"did you know she was doing this?" peppers mom asked tasi who shook her head.

"nope. all her."

then some of her best highlights played. the day she she threw the football so hard she knocked out their mascot. the day she threw the game winning touchdown. even her getting tackled but got right back up with ease. her throwing another game winning touchdown to troy. and then her celebrating a win with her team.

"in the words of tasi herself,"

"shabuya!"

and to end off the video, a picture of her, bella, pepper and sophie showed. them all in their cheer uniforms from the first game of the season.

the screen faded to black and everyone gave pepper a round of applause. after her parents, tasi was first in line to tackle pepper in a hug.

"pepper that was amazing. you're amazing, thank you. even better then the armadillo and cactus. " tasi told her.

"thanks. it was easy. actually, it was super hard. i haven't slept in 38 hours." tasi smiled at this as the rest of their friends ran over, starting to congratulate pepper.

"hey!" they all went quite to see what ace had to say. "tex fest is almost over. but not before the final hoedown. everyone, grab your partner and swing 'em round!"

the group all cheered and ran over to the dance floor to dance the night away