Chapter3: Meant to be

Nandini

"Market is looking real good our company is thinking to invest." The silver haired man states while he held his champagne.

I want to interject that there is a five session lose streak in S&P so he shouldn't but I did not because my job is just to hang on this business man's arm and look pretty.

Sums up my job in one sentence.

"We will leave in ten minutes." Mr Kapoor a thirty five year old business man that paid for this date slash meeting whispers in my ear.

And I did not let relief show on my face because I was hella bored . So I simply nod and smile. Because that's my job.

"Thank you for tonight you were great. I have already paid in the company's account." My client clarifies.

"I had a good time thanks for tonight." I said just to be polite but I just wanted to go home and sleep. I despise business parties and these pretentious businessmen.

"Well if you want to come back to my apartment.." He trails off and I mentally sigh. This is not the first time someone's prepositioned me about the after party fun.

"Sorry but I've an early morning." I politely decline and don't remind him that he has signed a contract which states that this is solely business and no involvement with the client will be entertained.

"Okay I'll drop you home then." He is handsome but again not my type. And I try not to entertain my clients it's just easier that way.

And suddenly I remember Manik.
After our meeting yesterday I couldn't stop thinking about him. I actually had fun talking to him. I shut down the thought because I've to remind my self this is just a business transaction and I'm not here to make friends.

"Ah! it's okay I'll just book a cab." Cannot risk all of them knowing where I live. This job give me creeps as it is.

"I insist!" He puts his hand on my shoulder when his car parks in front of us.

It's midnight already so I agree.

I make them stop a few blocks from my apartment just to be safe.

"Thanks for the ride." I thank the Richie rich businessman.

"No problem and if you want to meet sometime you have my number." He winks at me and I just smile because of course I need five stars on the website.

"I'd have to decline I'm swamped with work anyway I had a great time." I quickly bid him bye and left. Phew!

This doesn't happen frequently but it comes with the job and it pays me a lot so I kinda tolerate it. I have to.

I enter my two bedroom empty apartment. The key clinks on the marble board .

I quickly change in my shorts and a tee. I pull my phone out because I've to fix a meeting with Manik.

I was swamped the entire day so I did not get the chance to text him.

"Hey this Nandini sorry to text you this late but are you free at three tomorrow?"

I went to the bathroom did my business and there was already his reply waiting.

"It's not like I already have saved your number nandini *teasing emoji*
And I've a meeting, is five okay?"

I actually like our dynamic he's fun.

"Well good to know and I did not expect you to be awake. Also yes five works too. Same place?"

"Yes.Finishing up tomorrow meeting's presentation you're lucky." His reply came immediately.