Chapter 5

"Stop it! At this moment, I'll-!"

Gauche didn't even bother to finish his sentence, and rashly placed a hand over his face.

"Gauche-kun?" As the bob cut grew more curious of how will the brown haired react, she then decided to take a peek to see what will his reaction looks like, and what she saw shocked her. "Your nose... it's... BLEEDING?!" Right off the bat, she immediately slipped out of her embrace and was paralyzed. She even tripped over when she started to walk backwards.

"Don't misunderstand! It was your fault my nose was bleeding right now!" Gauche said in defense. It was normal for him to have this kind of nose bleeding, but doing so over a hug? It's not like it's the first time Grey hugged her! And it wasn't definitely the first time a girl hugged her! "It was because of my anemia, ok?! Don't think of anything funny! Damn it!" He exclaimed. Whenever his emotions got triggered due to something, he got these nosebleeds. Mostly, it happens when he saw Marie. Sometimes, Asta too, but now it's Grey! Just because of a mere hug!

"I-I-I'm sorry!" Out of her embarrassment, the bob cut started to hug her knees and rolled over the ground. Her regret over the hug part was just-... "P-Please don't look at me! It's embarrassing!"

Gauche looked over to another direction and closed his eyes. "Damn, it won't stop..." He whispered.

It was also quite troubling as of how he became so defensive about it when it's only normal for him to have his nosebleeds.

But the real question is, did he grow much more fond to the bob cut just because of thinking about her all night? Answer: yes! Just like Grey, his thoughts were also filled about last night's gratitude arc!

Her on the other hand was secretly looking at the brown haired mage. Although she was quite embarrassed, there was also this side of her who was happy. At least Gauche acknowledges her and that her presence has an impact through his emotions, right?

Still, this was kinda messed up. Facing him now was even harder, rather than before.

♧♡♤◇

"My friends came here to visit me. I'm so happy." Gordon said joyously, yet he ended up being confused as to how those two acts. "Did something happened between the two of you?" He asked.

"No... More importantly, let's go back to the hideout first! There wasn't quite enough time, either. We'll just explain the details later." Gordon was surprised in his answer, nodding as he pulled out his broom. "Have you heard about the news?" Gauche asked.

"W-What news?"

The two then looked at each other before looking at Gordon. "The royal capital was attacked." The brown haired replied.

"T-The hideout too!" Continued by Grey. "W-We were attacked yesterday by the dark triad, and captain Yami was..."

Gordon's eye widened. "What happened to captain Yami?!"

"He was captured by Zenon Zogratis... to become a sacrifice in the tree of qliphoth. In order to link this world to the underworld, they must obtain the arcane stage dark magic and world tree magic first." Gauche emphasized, leaving Gordon in shock.

"Then the captain of the Golden Dawn were also..."

"Y-Yes..." The bob cut replied. "L-Luckily, none of us in the black bulls died. We also got to meet the vice captain too..." Grey mumbled, watching how Gordon's smile slowly disappeared.

Gauche on the left sighed. "Three days from now, we'll invade the spade kingdom with the magic knight elite force alongside. There's only two days left for us to get stronger. Those remaining two days, we'll be joining the heart kingdom. The others are currently working on the process. Now, will you come and join us?" He didn't even have to ask that, Gordon was already prepared from the past six months.

"Of course. For captain Yami's sake... We have to save him!" With that, the three of them felt even more motivated and hurried back to the hideout as soon as possible.

Few moments later, when the whole squad finally arrived at the heart kingdom...

"Oh no..." Grey whispered, wide-eyed. "What happened here?"

♧

NOTEThis wasn't what I was originally planning but yea, here it is

NOTE
This wasn't what I was originally planning but yea, here it is.🍀