Annabeth Does Not Pick Me

I do not own Magnus Chase.
    Magnus POV

Today, with the help of my amazing boyfriend (for today, at least), I have created a new game. We were all pretty bored, and most of us just wanted something to do. You can only play Monopoly to the death so many times before you get bored. So, let me explain the rules. Everyone has a phone, and Annabeth has their numbers. Annabeth will select one person to be the murderer and tell them via text message. Then, she'll text the group chat saying that she picked the murderer.

This murderer has to go around killing us in secret, while we play various games and pretend not to know our fate. Like Among us, except there's no random idiots in the chat. I played it once and got the idea from it. Annabeth seemed to like the idea, and said that they've played the same thing on a larger scale in Camp, except without the actual murdering.

Before long, the group chat gets a message from Annabeth, saying that she's made her decision. The game is on. I've not been picked, but that's okay. The first event is a hide-and-seek, to be played throughout the floor. We can go in each other's rooms, the hall is one big house for right now. However, we must stay on this floor for the whole game. Alex is the predetermined seeker, so he stands by the elevator to count. He's going to count for two minutes, so I take off into the lounge.

I'm hiding inside a food cart, which has cloth draped over it. I hear footsteps coming from the hallway, which fade into the distance just as quickly as they started up. I can't help but feel nervous.  I sit in the darkness for the two minutes.  "Ready or not, HERE I COME!", Alex shouts, before taking off down the hallway.

My phone buzzes, indicating a text.  It's from Mallory.  "Where ya hiding?", she asks.  I do not answer.  "I'm in the water at the whitewater rafting to the death, right now.  Alex will never find me!", she adds.  I don't want to tell her.  She might be the killer, and I don't want to tell her where I am.   Footsteps come closer and closer, before stopping by my cart.

I can't even breathe right now.  The cart is grabbed and shoved against the wall.  I bite my lip to not cry out in pain.  "Well, nobody in here.  They woulda screamed if someone was in that cart.", Alex says, before walking into the kitchen.  "Aha!  I've found you, TJ!  That oven is not a good spot, what if someone turned it on!  That would have been a terrible way to die!  Come on, back to Magnus' atrium you go.", Alex says.

Well, he didn't murder poor TJ just then, so I think I can trust Alex for now.  Or maybe he just didn't want TJ to be the first kill of the night.  I wish I could have come up with something as good as Mallory's hiding spot. She'll never be found. Yep, she's winning. Also, all hiders that are found have to go back to my grassy atrium, and sit there until the game is over. It's good that TJ didn't rat me out just now.

More footsteps echo through the hallways, and I hear someone enter.  Rustling can be near, and my cloth is lifted. Halfborn stares at me. "Sorry, I didn't know this room was occupied. I'll find somewhere else to hide.", he says. "What's that blood on your arm?", I ask, pointing at the red patch. "I cut my arm in my previous spot. That's why I had to move, some metal was digging into the cut. My PhD in biology tells me that is a bad thing.", he says, pulling up his sleeve to show a gash in his arm.

"Okay, I'll heal it, just make sure to wash the blood off, or else people will think you're the murderer.", I say, healing the rather small wound. "Thank you, Magnus.", Halfborn says, before leaving the room. Alex has texted the group chat, saying "Quite elusive today, aren't we?". This is mildly scary, but whatever. I'm getting bored in my cart, so I decide to move. I sneak out of the lounge, heading towards paintball to the death.

Paintball to the death is a large, open air arena with a bunch of nooks and crannies to hide in, as well as cover. It's pitch black here, and I run into a crevice in the wall. Paint is splattered everywhere, but it's big enough in here. While I was running, I saw Halfborn going into Dying To The Death, a weekly event where pairs of people kill each other in very creative ways. The winner is crowned King or Queen of Death, and must be challenged next week.

It's an interesting thing to do every Friday, and there are some good hiding spots in there.  I wonder who the murderer is?  It could easily be  any of us, since Annabeth was the one to pick.  Meanwhile, Blitz has texted the group chat asking if we wanted to go out for burgers at the new restaurant up the street from Valhalla.  I answered yes, because burgers are pretty good.  Not as good as falafel, but still good.  Also, Amir has texted us pictures of his new puppy Rosie, and now everyone is texting. 

My phone keeps on buzzing, and at this rate I'll be found from texting replies.  "I've found myself a new hiding spot!", Halborn texted, as footsteps go by my spot.  I wonder where he's hiding in the Dying To The Death room?  Oh well.  Then, someone enters the paintball room. I hear Alex laughing. "Anyone in here?", he says, playfully, almost mocking me. I peer out of my crevice, watching him check each and every hiding spot.

Then, he gets to mine. "Aha! I've found you, Magnus!", he says, staring into my soul. He pulls me out of my spot and sends me on my way to my room. I open the door, greeted by a horrendous sight. TJ, sprawled out on the floor of my atrium, knife in his chest. He's dead, probably regenerating as we speak. One someone dies, they are out of the game and cannot talk to anyone alive.

I do not scream in horror, thank you very much. I do however, text the group chat. "TJ's dead in the atrium. Get to my room, now.", I type. Alex responds. "Already? Well, I'm heading there now.", she says. "Give me a moment, I have to get out of the water", Mallory types, presumably still in her spot in whitewater rafting to the death.

We all meet in the atrium, while the cleaning staff take care of the dead body. Then, we begin to discuss the events of the game.

[A/N]- Alright guys, this has been coming for a long time now. A murder mystery, but it's all a game played by Floor 19. This was gonna be in Various Happenings On Floor 19 as a oneshot, but I felt that it didn't do the idea justice.  So, it gets it's own book.  It'll be pretty short, and will stay in Magnus POV.   riptide2406
I tagged you here, so what do you think of it?