Runnin' With The Devil

This chapter mentions s*cide. Reader discretion is advised.

If you or a loved one are struggling with mental health, text HOME to 741741 or call the Suicide Prevention Line at 1-800-273-8255

Dean and I reached the motel, and once we got inside, newspapers were scattered across the room. Sam sat on the floor cutting up certain parts of the paper and the ones he has found that contained the information we needed were pinned to the wall.

"Find anything, love?" I asked.

"Nothing major yet," Sam said, "The most I found was that these teenagers all went to the same high school."

"Well, that's not a whole lot considering how small this town is," Dean said.

I put the newspapers from the convenient store next to Sam while I took some of the clippings to put on the wall.

Looking over what Sam has lined up so far, I tried to see if there was anything that was missed.

"So far, what I'm getting at is these victims were close in age range. They were juniors and seniors, 17 and 18 years old...so pretty much the classes that ruled the school."

"Anything else?" Dean said.

"Not really," I said, "They just mainly say that these students were hard workers, well liked in their class, how this came out of nowhere...typical obituary things."

"What about the hobbies or after school interests?" Sam asked.

"Some aren't in the same category. One of them was a computer tech guy, another was a cross country runner, and another was the theater kid..."

"Get in the basket case and the princess...you got the Breakfast club," Dean joked.

I shook my head and did my best to keep working, but I felt my eyes closing as my body told me it was time to go to sleep. I tried to shake my head to keep myself awake and surpress my upcoming yawn, but it was no use.

"Tired?" Dean said.

No point in fighting this, so I nodded. "Lucid Dreaming takes a lot out of you, especially when you use your abilities," I said, "Why I'm usually asleep in the car, to make up for all that lost energy."

"Get some sleep," Sam said, "Dean and I will try to wrap this up."

"But...I want you to sleep next to me," I said to Sam, giving him a pouty look.

Dean let out a little fake gag. I picked up one of the nearby newspapers, crumpled it up and threw it at Dean.

"Shut it, Winchester."

"So corny, though..." he mumbled.

"I'll be with you in a bit," Sam said as I rested my chin against his shoulder.

"You better," I said, "I expect you next to me when I wake up."

I turned to Dean, who was just rolling his eyes at Sam and I. "You better get some sleep, too, Winchester. Don't think I haven't been noticing you not getting enough sleep."

"Since when did you start thinking you were the boss?" Dean said, "I'm the eldest in the room."

I just scoffed and tucked myself into bed. "You may be the eldest, but someone has to remind you to take care of yourself once in a while. As usual, a woman is stuck with that job."

Dean said something else, but I didn't hear it as I quickly fell asleep.

________________________
The Next Day
9:38 am