Ch 14: When The Cicada Calls

It was another calm and late night in Crystal Cove. A business man was just ending the day at Destroido. And he then made his way to his car and got in. But before he could start it, his phone began to ring, so he answered.

Destroido Employee: Don't worry, I'm on my way home now dear.

???: You did not heed my warning!

Destroido Employee: Honey, what's wrong with your voice? It's so deep.... Wait a minute, is this that nut again?

???: I told you if you didn't quit your job at Destroido and leave forever, then something terrible would happen to you.

Destroido Employee: And I told you I don't appreciate prank calls. My sister in law is a paralegal, and if this keeps up I'm sueing you. Go suck a lemon!

With that, the man hangs up angrily and drives off. He really wasn't in the mood for some sick joke. After a few minutes, he came up to a stop light in an empty street. Then a large bug had landed right on his window, which had really creeped him out.

Destroido Employee: Ew! It's one of those Cicada things, I hate those bugs.

So the man used his windshield wipers to get rid of the bug. Then the light had turned green and he then continued to drive home. But after a couple minutes, a few more cicadas showed up and had, somehow, gotten into his car. He had tried to swat them away, but they were still showing up.

Then a large swarm of cicadas, possibly thousands, came out of nowhere. And a lot more of them started to get all over and inside his car. He tried to get away, but there was so many that he couldn't see where to go. And he started to swerve all over the place as he was trying to stay on the road.

Sadly, the Destroido Employee had ended up in a wreck. Due to all of the bugs, his car went off the side of the road and crashed by the cliff. And then all of the cicadas started to leave the man unconscious in his car. And they all started to form into what ended up being a cicadas monster.

Cicada Creature: I WARNED YOU!

The next day, Mystery Incorporated was at school. They were with Dr. Yantz, the biology teacher and one of the few teachers who actually taught his class. But Y/n wasn't paying to much attention at the moment.

He couldn't stop thinking about what Daphne was going to ask him back at Darrow University. But at the moment Dr. Yantz was giving a lecture about the cicada bug. And while doing so, had almost every girl in class looking at him lovingly, except for Daphne.

Dr. Yantz: The cicada, the most perfect incect in decidedly imperfect world.

Then when Y/n saw Dr. Yantz kiss the cicada, he felt disgusted. He didn't have anything against Yantz, he just thought he was a bit odd. And some of the other students thought it was a bit odd too.

Fred: Did he just kiss a bug?

Y/n: Yes, yes he did.

Daphne: Honestly, he may be cute, but he's got nothing on who I've got me eyes on.

Dr. Yantz: The cicadas life cycle is quite fascinating, as grubs they burrow into the ground where they spend the next seventeen years. Changes in our ecosystem, though, could wipe out the precious cicada. Which is why we need to keep our eyes on companies that polute nature. Isn't that right Shaggy and Scooby?