𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑂𝑁𝐸 : 𝑃𝐸𝐴𝐶𝐸

𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝐷 𝑃𝐸𝑅𝑆𝑂𝑁 𝑃𝑂𝑉

      When Toji Fushiguro, the King, was discussing his precious blessing's future, he knew he had to choose the perfect spouse. The family wanted peace with the species so each kingdom presented their most eligible child to gain the favor of the King and his baby boy, Prince Megumi Fushiguro.

    This sparked more chaotic feuds between the nobles and royal families, declaring there would be war. Toji was disgusted with their behavior at this and felt it best to refuse all marriage proposals until Megumi was older to decide for himself. This idea was instantly dismissed by the Zenin family members saying that would put too much stress on the boy's shoulders, it would only delay the inevitable.

     Naoya's father proposed that Toji accept ALL the marriage proposals from the princes. Toji and Naobito had an argument that blew up instantly, the two weren't on speaking terms for two weeks after that. Toji eventually realized it was the only option and agreed, accepting all the marriage proposals.

      Toji's wife, Megumi's mother, died shortly after giving birth. Toji was left heartbroken after the situation, his sole reason for contuing to live was their beautiful child who Toji named Megumi, meaning "Blessing". His child grew up loved by those around him, gifted with anything and everything.

      Prince of Sorcery, Megumi's magical abilities surpassed everyone in his family. He's valuable, many people look forward to his reign on the throne as their leader. Toji couldn't be prouder of his son while other members of the family became fueled with jealousy and spite.

      Megumi was unique in a lot of different ways. He didn't care what others thought of him, he dressed and did whatever made him happy. He'd wear gorgeous trousers and cloaks but then he'd wear flawless gowns with the most charming designs. He enjoys riding horses and hunting tournaments as much as he enjoys embroidery and gardening. He's open to all ideas, his heart is pure and unlike most, he cares about his people.

      Toji hasn't been able to tell his son 'no', how could he when Megumi's bright, emerald eyes look up at him with the sweetest smile? Nobody in their right mind would tell him 'no' and nobody has. Well, that's not entirely true. When Megumi was four, he snuck out of bed and asked a servant for a cookie. Said servant told him 'no' and when Megumi came to his daddy in tears, the servant wasn't heard of again.

      Drastic? Perhaps. Toji is known for his brute behavior and that's why many fear him. His affection is only reserved for his son now.

      When Megumi was fist told about his engagement... well... it went like this.

        The light pitter-patter of footsteps could be heard down the hall as the young Prince of five was running away from his personal hand maid Tsumiki. He has a towel wrapped around his petite body and a hood from the towel on his head, scented bubbles from the bath still were on his body as he made a grand escape from the bathtub. He loudly giggles, running with all his might.

       "Your majesty! Please, wait!" Tsumiki cries out as she pants loudly, trying to catch up with the ball of energy.

        He slides down the hall of the ballroom, the maids hurriedly moving out of his way so he doesn't get injured.

    "Oh!" The female servants squeak before giggling.

     Megumi's chubby face visibly brightens as he audibly gasps. He sees his largely built father speaking with Naobito Zenin and his son, Naoya, is at his side as well. Naoya is not that much older than Megumi so the two often play together.

     "Your highness!" Tsumiki screeches. Toji turns his attention towards the maid's voice, his stern expression instantly brightens upon seeing his ebullient child who has a large smile on his face, the sun seeming to give off the illusion he's truly sparkling and glowing.

      "Daddy!" Megumi squeals. "Catch me!" Without waiting for his father's response, he jumps into Toji's arms. His father instantly catches him in his muscled, protective arms. Megumi giggles happily, nuzzling his cheek against Toji's. "You caught me, daddy!"

       "Of course I did baby." Toji hums, covering his bare child up more with the towel. "Are you a monkey? What are you doing running around, jumping on people while being bare?"

        "Daddy! I'm not a monkey! I'm just Megumi!" He pouts causing Toji to grin and plant a kiss on Megumi's cheek which instantly makes the child smile once more.

     "Ah of course, how silly of me. I'm very sorry, Megumi." Toji apologizes making his son puff out his chest proudly. Only Megumi could receive an apology from the King himself. Naobito has a disapproving look on his face and Naoya focuses his attention on the rug they stand on. Nothing is of particular interest to him but he doesn't want to accidentally catch Toji or his father's eyes.

      Toji looks up at Tsumiki, his face returning to an emotionless gaze. "Why is my son running around this castle naked? Are you not capable of doing your job?"

       "S-sorry sir! I went to retrieve his attire for the day but his highness had already escaped from the tub and was running down the hall—"

        "You're blaming my five year old son?" Toji narrows his eyes making her stiffen. Megumi huffs, pouting in the most adorable way. He looks at his son, tilting his head curiously. "What's wrong, baby?"

        "You're being mean again."

       "You're right, my apologies baby. Come on, let's get you dressed. I have important news for you." Toji completely dismisses Naobito and Naoya as he passes, making his way in the direction of Megumi's bedroom. Tsumiki silently follow, head bowed and hands clasped together in front of her. Megumi peeks over his dad's shoulder, his eyes connecting with Naoya's. He slightly waves bye and Naoya does the same.

      They return to his room and Toji sets him down in front of the mirror, moving out of the way so Tsumiki can begin drying off and changing Megumi into an outfit suited for a prince.

    "What did you want to talk about, daddy?" Megumi questions as he looks at his father through the mirror, his eyes round and doe-like with thick, dark lashes that are ridiculously long. He reminds Toji of a doll, Megumi would be the most beautiful of all dolls ever created or to be.

     "You know how you have tea parties with the other princes?"

      "Mhm! Oh~! Are they coming over today?!" Megumi starts to get fidgety making it difficult for Tsumiki to finish dressing him. She struggles but does her best, knowing she best not speak to interrupt their conversation. After all, the King isn't too fond of her for reasons unknown to her. He tends to be harsher than he is with other servants, perhaps it's because she's responsible for the Kingdom's Blessing.

      Toji sighs, finding it more difficult than he anticipated to find the right words. "Well... Megumi... uh, ehem..." He clears his throat. "When you get older, you'll marry them."

      "..." Megumi's face scrunches in an adorable way, his head tilted to indicate he's thinking really hard about what his father just said to him. "Oh! Like daddy and mommy were?" The young child questions excitedly. Toji's heart clenches, his face softening at that response.

    Tsumiki steps away once she finishes dressing him and Megumi turns around with a beaming smile. "Yes, baby. Like mommy and I." He replies, holding out his hand that his child eagerly takes. His hand is so small in Toji's, he could easily crush Megumi's hand if he squeezes just a little too tight.

      "Do I look cute, daddy?"

       "Super cute baby, you stole my heart once again." Toji chuckles, pulling his son onto his lap and pampering him with endless kisses causing the boy to squeal happily and erupt into giggles.