𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝐻𝑅𝐸𝐸 : 𝐴𝐶𝐴𝐷𝐸𝑀𝑌 𝐷𝐴𝑌𝑆

Photo Credit: yion_yi

❣︎𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝐷 𝑃𝐸𝑅𝑆𝑂𝑁 𝑃𝑂𝑉❣︎

      Years had passed since then, Megumi is sixteen and his coronation is rapidly approaching. He tries not to think about it too much, does his best to not feel overwhelmed or concerned about his father's well-being after the crown becomes his.

       "Good morning your highness." Maki Zen'In, cousin of Megumi, waves politely as she walks beside him towards the entrance of the massive Academy. The guards bow in respect for their prince as they pass by, returning to their usual I.D. checking to make sure all that try to enter are in fact students.

      "Morning, Lady Maki. How are you doing today?" Megumi smiles sweetly, finding comfort in her presence. He's rather fond of most of his family, mainly his cousins. The rest of the family don't share the similar liking towards Maki or her twin sister Mai for two reasons. One, they are women and two, their mana is nowhere near impressive. Megumi doesn't let that fact bother him, he loves them for who they are.

      "Doing well so far. I know that old bastard—" this is how she refers to Naobito and Megumi caught on to her insulting lingo, "—says I shouldn't even try to become a Knight. That women have no place on a battlefield but I took your advice. Thank you for standing by my side with this. This is who I want to be."

     Megumi smiles warmly at her, "You can always come to me, Lady Maki. We're family, no matter what Naobito has to say about it."

      Maki spoke up for herself on her desire to become a Knight but not just any, her goal is to become the commander of the imperial army. Megumi took her side and Toji followed, with the Prince and King giving her their support, nothing held her back from pursuing her dream. She trains nightly and studies during her day, she's a hard worker and Megumi acknowledges all her efforts to claim her place in this harsh society.

     Currently the political focus is combining the Kingdoms to end the unnecessary wars. As long as the marriage follows through, peace is sure in their future. Or so they hope.

      Megumi ignores the sparkling eyes of the other students who look at him with adoration. "Megumi~!" Satoru abruptly wraps his arms around his fiance. Megumi instantly leans into his touch, smiling up at the albino man. "You look so pretty today, you're causing my heart to stop beating~!"

       "You're so dramatic, Satoru. Thank you, you look handsome today. Unfortunately I can't stand here and converse with you all day. You can't either, we have a council meeting. Don't tell me you forgot." Megumi huffs, pouting at his forgetful lover. Satoru laughs, planting a kiss on Megumi's lightly flushed cheek

       "Of course not." He sighs, interlacing his fingers with Megumi. Maki waves goodbye, heading in the direction of her class.

The two enter the council room where the others are already waiting, quietly conversing with one another. "Hi~!" Satoru catches their attention while Megumi lets go of his hand, making his way to his assigned seat. The fluttering of the butterflies in Megumi's stomach fade away as his carefree expression changes to a stoic one, not to give away any of his personal thoughts or deeper emotions on whatever they'll be discussing for the day.

Each of his fiances were chosen by their people to represent and surprisingly, even Naoya managed to win a good portion of the student body. Call it good luck or his attractive charm that the female students couldn't ignore, even if he is cruel to them. Some people just love people who are harsh and in a strange way, Megumi understands exactly where they're coming from.