Chapter 5

Alright, here it is. Thanks for being patient! Enjoy!

Los Angeles International Airport(Almost wrote Los Santos lol)

LA, California

0730 hours

May 6

I woke with a start as the jet jolted on the tarmac, and eventually came to a stop. The first thing I realized was that I was still clutching Erica's hand, and a second later I almost had a heart attack when I realized her head was resting on my shoulder. I gently roused her from her sleep.

"Mmmh. What?" She said groggily, waking up. "What is it?"

"The plane landed," I responded. I was about to add something else when she realized her head was still on my shoulder, and woke up quickly, turning bright red.

"Oh-uh, hi Ben," She said, embarrassed. "So, uh... the plane landed! Yeah."

I just smiled.

We got off the plane without incident, although I almost left my duffel at the baggage claim, which would not have been good. We headed to a nearby Hertz and got a black Dodge Challenger. We then began the next long trip. Driving from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. A trip that, with normal traffic, would take over four hours. We, however, encountered surprisingly light traffic. We did it in three and a half. Nothing eventful happened on the drive, other than us getting food, and Erica eating McDonald's. The only other time I can remember her eating that was on Operation Snow Bunny, where some of the only other options were bull testicles. Once we got to Vegas, we were wiped out, despite being asleep on the plane, so we decided to start working on where we would stay. At first, we thought we'd have an easy time doing this. Nope. It took at least an hour and a half to find a place that wasn't booked until next month. Although at one point Erica pointed to a building and said, "There!"

There was a big casino with a "Vacancy" sign on it. It was called, "The Lotus Hotel and Casino"

"Nope!" I said.

"What?" Erica said. "It's fi-"

"Erica." I interrupted. "Do you trust me?"

She sighed. "Yes, I do."

"Good," I said. "Because we aren't going there."

She reluctantly passed the Lotus, and we kept going. Eventually, we did find something. The Illusion Casino and Resort. It seemed kind of over the top for a one-night stay, but it seemed to be the only place that wasn't booked through the roof, and besides, we had a huge budget for this mission considering the stakes. We decided it would be best not to waste it. Erica called the resort with a voice changer to book one room. We were taught that if this situation came up to always book as few rooms as possible so that if one room was attacked, others could do something about it. We walked in and the receptionist looked slightly confused as to why we were so young. The CIA had procured me a fake driver's license proclaiming that I was sixteen, and Erica's said she was eighteen, although we were still too young for it not to be suspicious that we were renting a room in an expensive Resort. We told the receptionist that we were siblings and that our parents had to go do some errands, and had told us to head to the room. She gave us each a keycard marked 834 and sent us on our way. I'm pretty sure she'd never seen Home Alone 2.

We walked through the lobby to the elevators, which were made of glass, allowing us a clear view of the tidy elevator shaft around us. When we finally got to the eighth floor, we got out of the elevator and got lost looking for the room. The place had a more nonsensical room numbering system than my old middle school. We finally found Room 834, fumbled with the keycard, opened the door, and stepped inside.