17. Terrorist attack

"Why don't you tell me your other story next time? You should rest." Nat stood up and you saw her leave the room.

You felt as if a huge burden had left your shoulder. This was the most relaxing you ever felt, laying in bed as it hugged you to sleep.

Nat has been awake since 6am and was about to go get her car, but your alarm kept ringing. Normally, you're able to wake up on time without her having to wake you up. She opened your door and saw you still sleeping in bed.

"You're going to be late if you don't wake up now!" Nat shook you awake after turning off the alarm.

"Huh?" You pushed yourself up and rubbed your eye.

"It's already 7am, you're supposed to be ready by now." Nat said after taking a look at the time.

You nodded as you scrambled all around your room to pack your bag and get your clothes. It was the best night sleep ever; you didn't even hear the alarm go off and slept very peacefully.

You stumbled out of the room noisily, causing everyone to look at you. You froze for a second, embarrassed, before running out. Nat was already there waiting for you.

"You slept very well I guess."

"Yeah."

---

You were sitting in class writing down notes from the whiteboard. The class was going faster than expected, you just finished writing down answers from the board, and the teacher is already at the next.

"Peter, can you lend me your notes after class?" You leaned over and whispered to him.

"Peter?" You turned over and he was not there. You were sure he was still there a moment ago.

Suddenly, the blast of an explosion caused the glass to shatter and everyone screamed, finding cover.

"Is everyone okay?" The teacher made sure that no one was injured. "Everyone head to the hall now." The teacher ushered everyone out of the room. There were already mountains of students making their way to the hall.
(that's what you shouldn't do. I think you're suppose to stay silent in the classroom if I'm not wrong.)

"Where is Peter?" You asked Ned as the wave of people pushed you forward.

"I- I don't know. He should be fine. You don't have to worry about him." Ned answered.

You were not going to leave your friend behind; he was the one who stood up for you each time you were bullied. You snapped your finger, leaving behind your illusion to follow the flow of the crowd. You waited for everyone to pass before heading back, checking each classroom if Peter was in there.

You made your way around the corner, and you saw an enemy making his way towards you. You waited for him to pass before tackling him to the ground and picking up his rifle. Now that you have a weapon on hand, you're feeling a little more confident. There was no one else in the hallway so you made your way back to Ned and the rest.

Peter sensed something was coming, he sneaked out of the room to change into Spiderman before swinging back to check on the situation. The terrorists had already made their way in. He swiftly neutralised the remaining terrorist outside before sneaking back in.

You met Spiderman on the way back.

"You. What are you doing here?" Spiderman asked.

"This voice." You recognised this voice.

"What?"

"You're Peter."

"What no. If you're here to help, stay outside. I'll sneak in, you catch any strangler behind"

You agreed. Your gun would bring too much attention anyways.

"Meet me when you're done." You turned and walked away.

You didn't tell him your plan. You were going to stay outside but you were not going to be doing nothing. You snapped your fingers and created your illusion, luring the terrorist away bit by bit to reduce their manpower. Behind a corner, you knocked them out, leaving them out of sight.

You peeked at the door, looking at the terrorist holding the student's hostage. You saw Spiderman working from the ceiling, pulling the terrorist up and slowly diminishing their manpower. They started to realise that their people are missing and sent people to check. You ran back to cover and waited for them to pass before shooting them at their back.

The gun shot alarmed the few remaining people, but they just assumed that it was from their man. They started to get worried when they didn't come back but by then, there were only 3 people left. You angled yourself after looking where Spiderman was and took 2 shots, leaving the last for him.

Spiderman knew what you were doing and landed in front of the students to inform them they're free to go. School ended early, afterall, they were not going to continue after having a terrorist attack on their school.