16 | 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓

'Parents forgive their children least readily for the faults they themselves instilled in them.'

chapter sixteen
past

Truth or Lie.

Two simple words that hold so much meaning. It's something that can change a person's mood, his day or even his whole life. It's something that can mend a relationship or destroy it completely. It's something that can save someone's life or take it away.

For Alicia, her whole life had been a spiral of lies. Rarely does she get to hear something that is true. People seemed to consider her life a game.

A game of lies.

Some lies were fed by others to her and some she fed. Sometimes to others, sometimes to herself. Just for the sake of supporting what she thought was right.

But it was a thing of the past. Or technically the future. Nonetheless, it's her past.

At least from the former end. No one lies to her in this era. People are truthful to her, even though they don't receive the same in return, that's a talk for later on; still she considered this timeline to be better than hers.

And this was what she realised as she sat in the gloomy living room of Grimmauld Place, a cigarette dangling off her lips lazily.

To others it might seem as if she took the latest opportunity to smoke as soon as the kids left the house, but in reality she was reminiscing the old memories, which laid fresh in her mind as clear as yesterday.

The fresh spring wind blew past the clear shining blue sky as a young ten-year-old little girl ran through the field, skimming past the tall yellow sunflowers, giggling happily as a small white dog ran after her, barking in delight.

The furry little animal toppled over the young girl as she laid down on an empty clearing, arms spread lazily, letting out a loud giggle as the little dog licked her nose.

"Hey, Milo, look who's here." said the girl to her little dog as a car pulled by and a mid-aged woman emerged out of the car and giving her a quick warm smile she went inside a little cottage as the small child's curious gaze followed her, breaking as she went out of the line of vision.

"Aunt Tia came and didn't give me any chocolate." she complained with a pout as the dog just barked in response, not that it can say anything else. "Let's give her some flowers. She will like them and maybe then she will give me chocolate."

Her face lightened up as she jumped into a standing position and skipped to the fields to pick up the best flowers, the dog following by shortly.