CHAPTER ONE FOUR YEARS LATER

DEMI POV
It's been four years since I have adopted Mackenzie and Brooke. ( I changed there ages due to the story line). Both of the kids are still in my care but lately I have been struggling controlling them by myself and trying to handle my own problems. Now that brooke can walk her and Kenzie have been causing trouble. Brooke is now 12 and Kenzie is now 14. I love them both but they have been a lot to handle ever since my illness has worsened. The next three months I have off tour and although I'm glad to be home with my kids there are times I wish I was on tour so I would have a break from the crazy. With my illness worsening throughout the years the kids have been rebelling more and I need more help with controlling them. About a year ago I met a guy, named Steve. He is a great guy and has really helped me cope with the kids and my illnesses. When Kenzie is getting to trouble he is mostly handling and although I feel bad I know he has more control then I do and it's sometimes better for him to handle it.
KENZIE POV
It's been four years since Demi has adopted me and I just say my life is awesome. Demi had met a guy and his name is Steve and I think of him as my dad. Over the years I have learned more about Demi's schizophrenia and I'm glad that she has Steve in her life to keep her grounded. I can tell I'm hurting my mom( she refers to demi as mom) by rebelling but I'm a teenager and it's part of growing up. Kenzie and I have still stayed close and I'm trying to stay as close to Demi as I can by its been getting more difficult over the years. I'm now in eighth grade and I have joined a new group of friends and they are popular. Although I was bullied as a child my friends and I are bullying this girl who has apraxia ( a speech impediment which I actually have an I am picked on for it) and I know demi would be disappointed but she doesn't have to know. Brooke is actually quite popular now and I'm always very protective because although she is vulnerable and I don't want her doing anything stupid.
BROOKES POV
Since today marks the fourth years of being with Demi ( also calls her mom) we are having are ordering pizza and having cake. I'm now in sixth grade and I'm in a group of girls who are popular. Kenzie and my friends all hang out with each other and they pick on this girl named Amanda but I stay out of it because I don't want to put any more stress on Demi. After school Kenzie and I met Demi and Steve at the house and went in and ate pizza. We were talking about school because it was our first day of a new grade. Although Kenzie doesn't know this I have recently became friends with Amanda and since tomorrow was Friday I decided to invite her over. Since it would just be us I didn't think Kenzie would say anything because she is not at school and doesn't have to act cool. When we started eating cake I asked Demi if Amanda could come over after school and Kenzie shot me a glare. Mom looked happy and I thanked her and she said she would pick us up and when she said that Kenzie said she will be taking the bus home. After that it was pretty quite and I planned to go upstairs clean my room for Amanda. Although I can walk my legs do sometimes hurt and it was awesome to have Demi and Steve around. Demi had carried me upstairs and placed me on the bed saying "see you later kiddo love you" and walked out. After about 10 minutes when my legs started to feel better I started to clean my room with a smile on my face getting ready for Amanda to come over tomorrow.