CHAPTER THREE ANOTHER CHILD?

Amanda's POV
I forgave Kenzie for what she said and then went too sleep with Brooke . As we were lying in bed my stomach started to get knots knowing that I would have to go back to my house tomorrow. My dad is abusive. He's always been like that. My mom left me and my dad when I was three. I started crying getting scared about scared tomorrow and Brooke woke up, she asked me what was wrong and all I said was " I'm so happy to have a great friend with you". After that we hugged and went back to bed acting like nothing happened.
Brooke's POV
Amanda and I were laying in bed and she thought I was asleep but I was wide awake. She started whispering to herself about her dad is abusive and it got me upset. I shrugged it off thinking it was nothing and went to bed. The next morning I woke up and was in the bed by myself. When I looked over I saw a note. It read "hey brooke sorry I left early my dad needed help at the house, text me later I had fun". I found it a little weird and ran downstairs. " mommy" I yelled. When I got the kitchen I saw Steve Demi and Kenzie eating breakfast and showed Demi the note. " I'm sure it's nothing sweetheart" she said. Although I trusted her I had a very bad feeling about today. I went upstairs and got dressed and then the four of us went to the mall. Luckily there wasn't many paparazzi there and we had a family day. We got back around three and were eating Chinese food and watching movies when suddenly there was pounding on the door non stop. Steve paused the tv when Demi went and answered the door.
Demi's POV
After having a family day out we got home and were watching movies and eating. In the middle of the movie there was pounding on the door. Steve paused the movie and I went to answer the door. As soon as I opened it Amanda fell into my arms bloody and bruised. " he's coming" was all she said. I placed her on the floor gently when a man came running into the house looking for Amanda. Behind me I heard both Kenzie and Brooke scream "daddy"! ( they refer to steve as dad). With my mother instinct I stepped in front of Amanda, wrong move I thought. He raised his hand and punched me right across the jaw then pushed me down making me hit my head against the floor. " now let me get my daughter" he yelled. I was kneeling on the ground when I looked into his eyes and realized he was Wilmer's little cousin. " told you not to kill him, payback is a bitch" he said. I was crying because of the pain and because I was scared. When I looked down there was a puddle of blood coming from my mouth and I started to choke which made the pain worse. As soon as he started to walk towards Amanda Steve came around the corner and tackled him and began punching him. " never come back here" Steve yelled and kicked him out. My sight was beginning to become blurry and I felt Amanda and Kenzie holding me up but I heard them gagging at how much blood there was in front of my. Although my vision was blurry I could see Steve turn around and yell " brooke go downstairs now". I heard her crying and immediately felt bad but I couldn't walk even if I tried. Steve came over to me and started holding towels to my face. " I guess being a doctor pays off" I thought to myself. For the next hour they worked on my face and I tried staying awake.
Steve POV
After kicking Amanda's dad out I immediately went to care for Demi. With my medical experience I knew I needed to stop the bleeding immediately. I had brooke go downstairs because I didn't want her to see Demi in such a horrific state. We started holding towels to her face and I started sterilizing her jaw. As I was working on her face I kept looking up to make sure she was still conscious. Her eyes were beginning to roll back and we made her stand up for a few seconds to keep her conscious. After about and hour we finished and I made Kenzie and Amanda go upstairs to there rooms telling all three kids to sleep together making sure all doors and windows were locked. After getting the kids set I went downstairs to Demi and she was sitting on the ground crying. I comforted her and carried her up to bed being extra careful of her jaw. "It hurts Steve she whispered to me". " I know baby just go to sleep we will figure everything out" I said. I went it bed thinking about Amanda and what was going to happen to her.