Comfort Zones

The Kim's guest house was filled with laughter. The BTS boys, Taehyung, his mom, Min-ho, Yuna and Hyung-sik were all having dinner. They were praising Hee-ae for the delicious food she brought. It was a combination of seafood, meat, salad and veggies.

Jungkook noticed that Taehyung was just eating salad, so he picked up the plate of shrimps near him and offered Taehyung.

"He's allergic to that." Hyun-sik said.

Jungkook was embarrassed and Taehyung noticed it.

"It's okay Kookie, you didn't know." Taehyung kissed his cheek and Jungkook blushed.

"Awwwww, our Kook is blushing." Jimin teased.

"Jiminnie, stop teasing." Yoongi said.

"I can't help it. He's too adorable. I've never seen him blush before. He calls it the Taehyung Effect."

"That's funny. Taehyung has his moments too. and he calls it the Jungkoook Effect." Min-ho said, laughing.

"Stoooop." Taehyung said, now being the flustered one.

"So, Jungkook, is my son being good to you?" Hee-ae said.

"Eomma! Shouldn't you ask me first if he's beeing good to me?" Taehyung glared at his mother.

"Oh, shush! You can be a handful sometimes." Hee-ae said.

"I have to agree with that." Min-ho said.

"Me too." Yuna said.

"Why are you attacking me?" Taehyung said, pouting.

Jungkook cones to the rescue. "He's the best boyfriend ever."

"See?" Taehyung feeling smug after what Jungkook said.

Hyun-sik was starting to feel uncomfortable.

"Excuse me guys, sorry I just remembered that I have to be somewhere else. Hee-ae thanks so much for inviting me to dinner."

"It's my pleasure Hyun-sik and welcome back. I'm really happy you decided to come home."

"I thought I would be too." Hyun-sik said. He bowed to everyone before walking out.

The table was silent. Everybody felt the tension that Hyun-sik's statement caused. Jungkook held Taehyung's hand and pressed it tightly.

"Let me just talk to him."  Taehyung said.

Jungkook nodded.

Taehyung got up and followed Hyun-sik. He caught up with him just before he was about to enter his car.

"Hyun-sik, wait."

"What is it, Tae?" Hyun-sik sounded annoyed.

"Please don't be like this."

"What do you expect, Taehyung? I promise I'd come back. I thought you'd wait for me."

Taehyung got irritated by what he said.

"I can't believe I'm hearing this. You left Hyun-sik. Yes, you promised, but you never even called. Not once...for five years."

"I never called because I was afraid that the minute I hear your voice I'd come flying back. I never forgot about you, Taehyung. I was never with someone the entire time."

"And how was I supposed to know that, huh?"

"Well, I'm telling you now."

"And I have Jungkook now."

"He's not right for you, Taehyung."

"Oh really? And, you are?"

"Yes, because he doesn't know you as much as I do."