Three

Mabel

I step away from the person I ran into and see that it's a girl, my age, who I have never laid eyes on. She looks really...she stands out. She's probably new, maybe shouting wasn't the best idea.

 "Oh shit, sorry..." I mutter, patting down my already messy clothes.

I look up at her and before she gets a chance to say anything I decide to make a move, I couldn't be bothered with formal apologies and asking her if she's new. I don't really care and probably won't see her again - anyway I don't wanna be late, now do I?

 "I'm just gonna..." I point in the direction I'm leaving and quickly start off down the corridor.

Quite frankly, I don't intend to be bothered today.

I turn to see if she's still standing there hopelessly but to my surprise she's following me. Christ, I hope she doesn't ask for directions. She doesn't look like a person who would be so inclined but who am I to know? I keep on going until I reach the grey door marked History 04 - Miss Jess.

Through the little window I can see pretty much everyone at their desks, all sullen faced and waiting to die. I push the door open and without looking anyone in the face, I make my way to my seat. It's right by where the window meets a bit of wall separating it from another window. The blinds are closed, the lights are on.
After dumping my bag on the floor I see that the girl I had bumped into had followed me in and was telling Miss Jess something. Suddenly she comes walking toward me and slides into the empty place beside me. Sighing, I try to not look at her. Bit awkward.

Miss Jess announces to the class that she's new, called Elizabeth, and we should do our best to welcome her. Seeing I've already done that, I let the others snidely say some welcomes and whisper horrid comments before Miss Jess goes through a tediously long PowerPoint.

                                                                                 ***

I quickly leave the classroom once the bell sounds, next lesson was maths and I was eager to skip. I push my way through the throngs of people, looking for someone.

For someone who sounds like a complete loner, I do actually have some friends. We just don't often get to see each other since we're in different classes. And my most best friend has been away around the time my grandpa died, today was the day he returned. The only good thing I'll get out of today.

I spot him easily amongst the crowd. Average height, tawny coloured skin, absolutely hot and, much to the disappointment of any girls, completely gay. And by that I don't mean he's camp. No, I just mean he has the biggest crush on Ben Whishaw known to man.

A grin spreads across my features as I cup my hands around my mouth and shout, "Marco!"

 "Polo!" He calls back. A greeting of ours.

Ignoring the amount of people telling me to shut up I run towards him and we jump into a hug.

 "I'm so sorry I left you," he whispers to me and I bite my lip before I get too emotional.

If there's one person I could have trusted to be there for me it would have been Marco Hasani; and he would be now. I could tell him all about my problems instead of Mr Peacock. I step back from him, the halls were filtering out.

 "I'm just gonna head to the toilets, I'll meet you outside," I tell him.

He nods and we walk our separate ways. The toilets weren't too far, and when I get in, I pat my stinging eyes dry.

The bathroom looks like it hasn't been cleaned in a while, paper and crisp packets are strewn about the floor - the sparkly flooring that you seem to only get in school bathrooms is grey and looks absolutely filthy. I stand in front of the mirror. Oh God I wish I was home.

I begin to take deep breaths when the door opens. I pretend I'm sorting out my hair. Dark locks held up in a messy ponytail.

Then I see it's her, the Elizabeth person. Great.