Ch. 7

(Y/n) suddenly landed on her feet inside a dojo of some kind.
She saw the Red Ninja across from her.

"Holy cheese I'm not in my suit!"
She turned around quickly and shut her eyes.
"It's okay! You are! The Nomicon probably did that for you," he assured.
She looked down at herself and saw that she was indeed in her suit.

"Oh, good. I know we kinda talked about 'telling each other our identities', but we can come back to that later. Maybe we ask our Nomicon's about it, maybe even the First Ninjas."
"The First Ninjas! That's a great idea, but that's not why I asked you to come here."
"So the red flashing from my book was you?"
"Yup, learned how to alert you from my side of my Nomicon. Anyway, today is going to be your first lesson," Red said as he held his hands behind his backed and walked towards Blue.

"Ooo! What am I learning? Am I gonna know to shoot a fireball today?!" she asked with excitement.

Randy thought her enthusiasm was cute.
He cleared his throat.

"No. However, you will be learning something that I learned pretty early. Today you will be mastering the Art of Stealth."
"Okay, okay.... How do I do that?"
"Nomicon, wanna help me out with this one?"
Red inquired as he turned his head up towards the sky.
Swirls of black mixed with doodle green and brown started to swirl around Blue and then formed into words.

"Reveal, Conceal. Conceal, Reveal."

Camo print doodles surrounded the text as (Y/n) thought to herself.

"That's it? No instructions on how to do this?"
"Nope, this is the Nomicon's way of teaching so you kinda have to figure it out. No pressure or anything, but I'm gonna try to attack you. All you have to do is sneakily escape, sound good?"
"But-" she raised her hand up in question.
"How am I-?"
"Okay let's do this! Ninja phony rings!"
Blue leaped out of the way as Red threw three, fake Ninja rings at her.
"This makes no sense?! How am I supposed to camouflage?!"
"You gotta figure it out! Reveal, conceal, conceal, reveal!"
Red then took out his chain sickle and chased after her as Blue broke out into a run.
She ran across the side of one of the walls and was surprised to see that she wasn't falling.
"How am I doing this?!"
"The suits got spikes that come out of the feet and knuckles! Pretty bruce, right?!"
"That's actually really helpful!"

As Blue kept running, she tried to calm her nerves down.
"Okay, usually when it comes to learning new, mystical skills in movies at least, you have to be calm and focused. Okay, I can do this."

Blue took long, deep breaths to slow her heart rate down.
She eventually leaped off of the wall and saw there were two hallways opposite of each other on two of the walls. Blue ran towards one and created more distance between her and Red. She quickly found a place to hide for now in a side room and listened closely for her partner.

"Reveal and conceal..." she murmured to herself.
As soon as she had composed herself, she opened the door and looked back down the hall to see where she had come from.

Red wasn't far behind and threw more phony rings at her. She ducked and made herself completely visible to him by stepping out into the hall.

"You're making this too easy for me Blue," Red said as he threw his chain sickle out towards her.

(Y/n) closed her eyes and took one last, deep breath.

"Conceal."

She vanished from sight and leaped over the thrown weapon.

"Holy cheese, you did it! And pretty fast might I add!"

Blue looked down at herself and saw that she wasn't visible at all. She silently cheered to herself and decided to have some innocent fun with this new ability.