Chapter 7

I step back stumbling by the sudden loud shaking of the doorknob, falling back with a loud cacophony. I crawl back in panic. My hands won't stop shaking nor won't my breath. My back hits the curtains of the bathtub and I try to get myself up by grabbing them but the curtain rod breaks and falls into the tub filled with water.

The water shakes breaking the boundaries and spilling out from the sudden commotion of me falling into it.

Adrenaline floods my system like it's on an intravenous drip – right into my blood at full pelt. I think my heart will explode and my eyes are wide. A body lies right before me, its limbs appearing soft in the artificial lighting. Almost lively.

Perfect.

The auburn hair of the naked woman floated into the water, a beautiful contradiction of her immobile form

The auburn hair of the naked woman floated into the water, a beautiful contradiction of her immobile form. Her head was under the water, staring at the bathroom ceiling with her blood-clotted eyes glued shut while her lips parted in agony. her body covered in bruises and marks. Nobody would recognize who she was like that, nobody would know.

My body wants to either run away from here or gather courage and find a weapon to fight back, but instead, I stay right where I am staring at the corpse. Sometimes freezing is the best choice. I want to quell the hammering in my chest, but no way that will happen now.

I struggle to stand in hurry but fail. I want to stand but for the moment my legs have given way to gravity, shaky, weak. This is bad, no actually worse.

At this point, I didn't care about the noise. I just need to get out. The cops will be here anytime if he called them. I gather up the strength and stand on my feet again.

 I gather up the strength and stand on my feet again

I clench my hand glancing at the corpse once again. I inhale deeply before picking up the broken rod with my wet sloppy hands. Blood oozes down my fingers as I tighten my grip.

If I were to compare the situation, I'd say it is just like a storm covered with flames. And I was the eye of the storm.

My chest heaves up and down as I tighten my grip on the rod bearing the pain in my hands before walking to the bathroom door. I'll end the game he thinks he has control over and seems to be enjoying.

I prepare myself by positioning the rod high with one hand and stretching the other towards the doorknob.

I gulp and with a sudden jerk push the door open as it goes flying with a loud bang. There is no one. I cautiously take a step out of the bathroom.

This is a nightmare of sorts, more vicious than most, more lucid. Time to get out of whatever this is, cold metal in my hand, the cold breeze from every direction. Every movement is costing more energy than it should like someone just turned gravity way up. There is a chink of light partway up the staircase, he is there perhaps? I can feel the metal rod in my hand getting stuck somewhere. This is odd, what's happening? is he behin-? I'd need to see it to know what to do. My heart is pounding fit to burst and my fist has clenched. I look back slowly to see a transparent wire running just above my head. They would have sliced right through my face if I was standing straight.

I look towards the exit door which still has red lasers then to the basement door the way I came from

I look towards the exit door which still has red lasers then to the basement door the way I came from. Swallowing the thick saliva that wasn't even there I proceeded towards the basement door. I tried to open the door by twisting the doorknob multiple times but I guess he locked it.

Fuck!

TO BE CONTINUED...