Blooming friendships.

"Really!" Draco exclaimed. He was gazing at Harry in wonder with basically stars in his eyes. Theodore started to snicker at him with led others to laugh along with them. Draco glared at them with icy coating the stare. That made most of them stop, but Theodore and Blaise still smirked at him. Chuckling, Harry nudged his shoulder and leaned close to Draco's ear, "They just love seeing your face red; I will admit it's pretty funny." Looking very betrayed at Harry as the boys started to laugh again, Harry reached over to wrap an arm around Draco's shoulder. 

Draco looked away from Harry as a blush once again bloomed on his face. Ignoring Harry's cooing to make him look at him, Draco looked at Harry's hand that was dangling from his shoulder and noticed his heir rings  and how pretty they looked on his hands. Almost unconsciously, he traced the gems and diamond that was littered on the ring. They were so shiny it was hard not to notice them. Harry was shocked at how tender he was being and just watched him. Theodore snapped them out of their trance, "Draco you might want to stop flirting with the savior, Pansy might just explode." And sure enough Pansy was red in the face. Blaise was watching the whole exchange with laughter in his eyes while constantly taking bites of food to hide it.  

Rolling his eyes and tilting his chin up, ignoring Pansy's hissy fit, he said, "We weren't flirty Theo." Leaning closer to Draco, Harry added, "Yeah, Theodore we weren't flirting!" Making it very clear that he was, in fact, actually flirting. That definitely made Draco stop talking. Snicker at Draco red face and ears, He said, "Anyone that can make Draco stop talking can call me Theo!" Smiling wide, Harry agreed, happy that he was starting to make friends. Conversation continued to Blaise and Daphne complimenting his attire as they recognize them as high end pieces. 

Soon dinner was called to an ending Harry said goodnight to everyone and hopes that they get to hang out again. Watching them shuffle away and Draco hitting the boy's shoulder reprimanding them for something; he shook his head and walked back to the teacher's table. Most of the teachers were still sitting as the Head boys and girls led their houses back to the dorms. Perenelle and Nicolas were sitting and talking very avidly to the surrounding teachers when Harry approached them. 

"Ah, Harry, did you make any friends?" Perenelle greeted her son. Nodding with a wild smile he told her about everyone she met. When he talked about Draco, his father  smiled knowingly. "So I expect we will be more in the castle than we had thought?" He questioned to his son and his wife laughed. Rolling his eyes with a smile, "Maybe." He took the last bite of apple crumble from his father's plate as retribution for the teasing. Laughing hard, tipsy from the wine, his father started to introduce him to Filius Flitwick, the charms professor. Clasping wrists Harry said a polite hello. 

"Mr. Potter, your father has been telling me many things about your charms work! I would be happy if you could come into my class one day and show off your inventions!" Blushing hard, Harry agreed stating he would be honored to come in. Flitwick seemed very satisfied due to his smile. Albus, seeing Harry chat with staff, made his way to them with Snape and McGonagall behind him. 

"Ah, Harry, I hope the students of Slytherin were good company," at Harry's nod he continued, "Good, good. I was hoping to talk to you and your guardians about spending time on campus to teach an afternoon class. Most students have break between their last class and dinner so it wouldn't interfere with their schedule." Nicolas looked intrigued, while he didn't like Albus because of the past, he did like teaching. Perenelle understood that, and asked what they would be teaching, which Albus responded with, "I was thinking about Alchemy."

They both rolled their eyes at that, "I think that would be improper due to your numerous attempts of trying to obtain our sorcerer stone, Albus. Perhaps we can teach something that hasn't been taught here in a very long time." Albus brushed off their jab at him and look intrigued. "Ritual Magic. It used to be taught as a basic understanding into the magical world and I think it's time we get back to understanding our roots", Perenelle said firmly. 

Albus' gaze darkened, "Ritual Magic is dark magic. It is forbidden." Harry decided to speak up, "Actually, ritual magic isn't forbidden as much as you have tried to get rid of the dark arts, most ministry officials still accept the magic as it has multiple positive benefits on ones magic." Unable to take the criticisms, he said, "Be that as it may, there will be no dark magic in this school!"

Perenelle scoffed loudly, "How absurd." Standing up, showing that she was clearly dismissing him, her boys followed her action in standing up. Saying a warm goodbye the rest of the staff, and curtly one to Albus they left the building saying they would be there in the morning for the wand weighing ceremony. Once they got out of earshot, Harry questioned, "The wand weighing ceremony?" 

Humming in confirmation she continues, "Its where a wand maker comes to deem your wand capable of doing magic and in functioning condition for the tasks. Also, the press for the Daily Prophet will be there for photos and an interview." Side eyeing her when she mentions the Daily Prophet, she laughs and ruffled Harry's hair. "Maybe we should owl the Weekly Pioneer for a second option," Harry countered. 

"Mmm maybe we should. They've always been non biases in their writings, however they're quite small so they never get the acknowledgment they deserve," Nicolas pondered. "Exactly! What better time for them to become mainstream, then to interview the champions of a world famous tournament!" Harry exclaimed. Ruffling his hair once again she agreed, Perenelle said she would send letters to Albus and the editor in chief of the newspaper, as she had connections. 

The walk back to the inn was pretty nice, they didnt have the time before to enjoy the walk through Hogsmeade. They pointed out to many shops that peaked their interested and vowed to visit again when they were free. They did a quick stop to the Owl Emporium near by the village, sending two letters. One to Albus, stating if they could bring someone else to interview the champions because of the Daily Prophet's reputation of being more of a tabloid than actual news. The other was to Walter Springs saying that they were sorry for it being last minute, but if they could come to The Three Broomsticks at 7:30 because they were trying to get them to interview with all the contestants. If worst comes to worst, they can come just to interview Harry. Once they finally entered their room, everyone quickly changed into their pajamas and went to bed.